I recently bought a Paderno World Cuisine A4982799 Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer
on Amazon.. and since then I have been hooked on slicing all the veggies I can think of!
Today I am showing my favorite new snack (and baby B’s new favorite)- Crispy Baked Shoestring Potato Fries!
These are so delicious, so easy to make, and take less than 30 minutes, start to finish.
They are crunchy, slightly sweet, a little salty, and you won’t be able to stop eating them!
But who cares, it works on most low carb diets and is FAR healthier than french fries!
The number one thing to remember when making these is that you need to cut your sweet potatoes so that it has a flat surface on both sides. If you don’t, the slicer won’t grab the potato well and can slip and slide off the prongs.
If you slice it so there are two flat sides on each end, it will work fabulously!
Also be sure to push down on the slicer. It has gentile suction cups that keep it from moving all over your table or workspace. GENIUS!
I hope you love snacking on these crunchy fries as much as my family does- they are so good! AND good for you!!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2tbsp olive oil
- celtic sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice the ends of your sweet potatoes to be a flat surface.
- Put one end of the sweet potato on the small sliced prong, and the other end on the spiky fingers.
- Slowly crank the slicer, it will slice the potato as you crank!
- I like to crank the slicer right over a baking sheet so there is no cleanup.
- Discard the small core of the sweet potato.
- Toss slices of potato in olive oil and sprinkle with celtic sea salt.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until crispy.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
If you’re interested in another dish I’ve made with my veggie slicer, check out this SUPER delicious zucchini, pine nut and cranberry paleo pasta: