I’m always on the lookout for delicious, gluten free no bake desserts- so when my mom shared her 5 minute freezer pie recipe I was so excited to have a great new recipe that is perfect for parties or a treat on a warm evening!
My mom used to make this when she was a kid, and its the perfect recipe to get your kids into cooking because we aren’t using any special equipment or hot stovetops! You can also encourage them to count out berries (if you want to add some) or jump on in and stir!
I am using greek yogurt in this recipe to make it a bit tangy- but you can go ahead and swap it for another yogurt you prefer, in any fruit flavor.
If you don’t like cool whip, you can use homemade whipping cream or coconut whipping cream- but I wouldn’t use canned whipped cream because I don’t think it will hold up. You need something thick and creamy.
5 Minute Yogurt Freezer Pie
- two small packages of greek yogurt
- 1/2 defrosted cool whip
- pre-packaged crumb style pie crust, we used a wheat free kosher version
- In a large bowl, mix yogurt and cool whip.
- Be sure to thoroughly combine so it is fully incorporated.
- If adding fresh berries into the pie, gently mix in.
- Pour into pie crust and smooth around.
- Freeze until firm, around an hour and a half and up to four hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
[…] 5 Minute Yogurt Freezer Pie – Sweet C’s Designs […]