Blueberry Puff Pastry Rolls are quick, easy and delicious. They are perfect for your breakfast, brunch or that sweet treat after any meal.
I’m so excited to introduce some fabulous new contributors to the Sweet C’s team this summer- I’ve found some of the most awesome food and lifestyle bloggers with great ideas and I can’t wait to show you all the great ideas they have lined up for us!
Today we’re welcoming Julie from Hostess at Heart, a talented home cook from the Heartland who loves making delicious, homestyle meals for her family and friends! And holy moly, do these Blueberry Puff Pastries look DELICIOUS?? Let’s get to it and help me welcome Julie! Please be sure to check out all of her links at the bottom of the post, so you can find lots more ideas from Hostess at Heart!
I don’t think that there is anything more beautiful than what good ole “Mother Nature” creates. The colors of new berries in the spring and summer are amazing.
Artists test their own talent trying to create a berry as beautiful as the original, just as I tried to create Blueberry Puff Pastry Rolls that tasted like Mother Nature intended.
When berries start arriving I just buy, buy and buy. So when my refrigerator was full of blueberries, I knew it was time to get creative. Creative doesn’t mean difficult or time-consuming. These Blueberry Puff Pastry Rolls are quick, easy and delicious. That makes this recipe about as perfect as those blueberries.
The filling is such a deep purple, that only my fingers showed how purple they really were after I shoved a couple not-so-delicate bites into my mouth.
The buttery puff pastry was a perfect match for the sweetness of the blueberry filling, and the whole thing was finished with a light sprinkling of powdered sugar.
Blueberry Puff Pastry Rolls
- 2-1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar, white granulated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 egg, or egg white
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan combine blueberries, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, salt, and butter. Cook over medium-low heat until berries soften (5 minutes). Stir in flour and cook until thickened (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Lightly flour a work surface. Unroll puff pastry and cut into thirds.
- Spoon cooled filling down the center of each piece of puff pastry. Bring edges together and pinch to close. Don't overfill or they will break open during baking. Slice into 1-1/2 inch lengths. Place rolls on baking sheets.
- Mix egg (or egg white) with a small amount of water. Whip with a fork until foamy. Brush the top of each roll with egg mixture. Prick with a knife or fork to vent.
- Place on the parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Dust with powdered sugar. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 38 Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 2mg Carbohydrates: 8g Sugar: 7g