With these Candy Cane Martinis your guests will be feeling the minty and bright Christmas spirit in no time!
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Festive Candy Cane Martini
Every year around Christmas, people start getting all ooey gooey about their traditions. I’ll admit- I’ve always been someone who goes a bit soft at the knees when I think of the Christmas season- it is beautiful, everyone is happy, there is family, and festivities… and cocktail parties.
Sometimes finding the right cocktail to serve at a cocktail party can be a bit tricky. You want something with mass appeal- who wants to be mixing random drinks all night that require a ton of different ingredients- but you want to be sure it’s classy, innovative, and fun.
How to make Candy Cane Martinis
Assemble the following ingredients:
- Vanilla Vodka – this flavored vodka will enhance the flavor of the peppermint candies.
- White creme de cacao – this white chocolate sweetener will make this drink nice and festive.
- Peppermint schnapps – you can also use peppermint liquor for this, it will bring that classic candy cane flavor.
- Peppermint candies – these candies will be crushed to line the rim of the glass to make it look festive and beautiful.
- Peppermint Twist – these adorable candies stay in the glass well. You can also use traditional candy canes if you can’t find the cute twist ones.
- Ice cubes – ice cubes are necessary to have in the shaker to make bring the martini to a nice cold temperature quickly.
Once you have assembled the ingredients use the following method.
- Crush the candies and rim the glasses. Crush the candies. Dip the glasses in water and dip in the candies to coat the rim, set aside.
- Mix. Mix all the ingredients in a shaker until chilled.
- Pour and garnish. Pour the mixture into the glasses and garnish with the peppermint twist, enjoy!
Tips and Tricks for the perfect Candy Cane Martini
Add leftovers to your hot cocoa. If you have leftover mix you can add it to your hot cocoa for a spiked hot drink.
Flavor your own vodka. If you prefer you can make your own vanilla flavored vodka by soaking a few vanilla pods in vodka for a few weeks.
If you like your drinks a lot less sweet, you will definitely want to use an unflavored vodka. You’ll still get a hint of vanilla and plenty of peppermint flavor.
You can garnish with some fresh mint that you have wet then rolled in white sugar. It’s a fresher look and still on theme.
Try these other Sweet C’s favorites next!
Candy Cane Martini Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
- 1 1/4 ounces vanilla vodka
- 1 1/4 ounces white creme de cacao
- 3/4 ounce peppermint schnapps or liqueur
- Peppermint candies, crushed
- peppermint twist, to garnish
- Ice cubes
- Finely crush peppermint candies.
- Wet the rim of martini glass with a little water. Don't let it go all over- you just want the rim to be wet.
- Dip glass into crushed candies, pressing them to rim.
- Turn upright.
- Mix ingredients and ice in a shaker.
- Shake until well chilled.
- Pour into glass and garnish with peppermint twist.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Cocktail Shaker, KITESSENSU 24oz Drink Shaker with Bartender Strainer, Measuring Jigger, Bar Mixing Spoon, Cocktail Recipe Guide, Professional Drink Mixer Set for Beginners, Silver
Jordans Skinny Syrups Sugar Free Trio - White Chocolate, Vanilla Caramel Creme, Salted Caramel 25.4 oz. - Gluten Free - Kosher - Made in the USA - 3 Bottle Bundle
LaetaFood Arcor Starlight Peppermint Hard Candy, Individually Wrap (Bulk 1 Pound Bag)
JoyJolt Olivia Crystal Martini Glasses - Premium Glassware Set Made in Europe - 9.2 oz Tall Martini Glasses - Elegant Cocktail Glasses - Set of 2 Martini Glass for Drinks such as Martini or Manhattan
Amount Per Serving Calories 195Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 5mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 0gSugar 18gProtein 0g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Sweet C’s Favorites
If you love this recipe, please check out some of our top posts!
These tried and true reader favorites are well loved for their family friendly flavor that everyone loves!