This carrot top chimichurri is so easy, fresh and delicious – great on steak, pork chops, chicken, and so much more! Use up carrot tops in this insanely delicious sauce!
I am not always a huge sauce person- I love fresh, delicious food, without a lot of additives. (I’m respectfully ignoring the fact I could literally top everything I eat in cheese… we’ll let that topping slide in this soliloquy…)
I DO love really tasty, earthy, and tart sauce full of flavor.
And for me? Chimichurri totally fits the bill.
Chimichurri is so delicious- a little heat, a little bitter, some earthy notes – and it goes great with all sorts of meats.
Chimichurri is one of my favorite sauces- and it is even better with a big helping of fresh carrot tops inside!
If you’re at a loss at what to do with carrot tops (which are totally edible and delicious) like I often am, this carrot top chimichurri is a great recipe! You can also make a big batch and freeze or can it!
This recipe is perfect with these Chimichurri Pork Chops- be sure to get the recipe!
And of course, if you need a great side- these carrots are perfection!
Carrot Top Chimichurri
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more
- 3-4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced or minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Fresno chile or red jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup carrot tops, chopped fine
- Put ingredients in a blender and pulse on high until finely diced and mixture forms a thin sauce.
Amount Per Serving Calories 198Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 0mgSodium 278mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 1g