This carrot top chimichurri is so easy, fresh and delicious – great on steak, pork chops, chicken, and so much more! Use up carrot tops in this insanely delicious sauce!
I am not always a huge sauce person- I love fresh, delicious food, without a lot of additives. (I’m respectfully ignoring the fact I could literally top everything I eat in cheese… we’ll let that topping slide in this soliloquy…)
I DO love really tasty, earthy, and tart sauce full of flavor.
And for me? Chimichurri totally fits the bill.
Chimichurri is so delicious- a little heat, a little bitter, some earthy notes – and it goes great with all sorts of meats.
Chimichurri is one of my favorite sauces- and it is even better with a big helping of fresh carrot tops inside!
If you’re at a loss at what to do with carrot tops (which are totally edible and delicious) like I often am, this carrot top chimichurri is a great recipe! You can also make a big batch and freeze or can it!
This recipe is perfect with these Chimichurri Pork Chops- be sure to get the recipe!
And of course, if you need a great side- these carrots are perfection!
Carrot Top Chimichurri
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more
- 3-4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced or minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Fresno chile or red jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup carrot tops, chopped fine
- Put ingredients in a blender and pulse on high until finely diced and mixture forms a thin sauce.
Amount Per Serving Calories 198 Total Fat 20g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 17g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 278mg Carbohydrates 4g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 1g