I love delicious, easy to make dinner ideas that don’t take a ton of prep time or time slaving over the stove. This dish is one of my favorite things to make because it keeps chicken nice and moist, is deceptively easy to make, and has BACON! These Cheddar and Pepper Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Chicken breasts are one of the most delish easy dishes you can make!
The bacon, cheese and pepper keep the chicken from drying out in the oven- even if you spaz out a bit and leave it in a little too long (not that I EVER do such things…. haha!).
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 slices extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 sweet red or orange pepper
- 4 pieces bacon
- Carefully cut open chicken breasts with a long thin knife. You'll want to butterfly them, but be careful to not cut yourself or pull the knife up or down to get an uneven cut.
- Season inside with salt and pepper.
- Cut cheddar slices in half so you can lay them inside chicken and not overhang.
- Cut pepper into long strips that lay flat.
- Lay into chicken, fold chicken back up.
- Carefully wrap chicken with bacon.
- If you are having a hard time, you can use a toothpick to keep the chicken closed and the bacon from sliding off- but that is totally optional.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, check chicken's internal temp.
- When chicken is cooked thoroughly, set to broil and crisp bacon under broiler for about 2 minutes.
- Serve with veggies and a salad, rice or other side dish and enjoy!
How good does that look? This will easily become one of your favorites!
For a little variation, you could use sundried tomatoes, feta and prosciutto, mushrooms and jack, mozzarella and pesto… the options are endless! Check back here to see what I turn this into next!