One of our absolute favorite restaurants is Chipotle- we love their burritos, burrito bowls, and all of their fillings. One of my kids absolute favorite things from Chipotle though is their rice- the slightly sweet, buttery, cilantro and lime packed delicious rice that they make so well. Today I am sharing my favorite new technique for making a Chipotle Knockoff Cilantro Lime Rice– and it’s incredibly quick and easy!
Now, this won’t cut down on our frequent trips (I dont care how similar my foods tastes- there is just nothing compared to fresh Chipotle burritos that I don’t have to cook)- but it can help my kids satisfy their love for their rice in between trips!
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup diced cilantro, divided
- 1 oz lime juice + 1 teaspoon
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup basmati rice
- In a large, heavy pan, melt butter on high.
- Add in ½ cilantro and lime juice.
- Cook until butter is foamy, add rice.
- Stir rice and let butter absorb, slightly toasting the rice.
- Add water and turn heat to high.
- When water is boiling, reduce heat to low and cover.
- Let sit 20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let "steam", 20 minutes.
- Fluff rice with fork and add 1 tsp lime juice and second ½ cilantro.