Have you seen the Sweet Potato shoestring fries and Zucchini pasta I’ve made with my Paderno Veggie slicer? Today I am super excited to show you one of my family’s favorite new desserts and pancake toppings- Cinnamon Sugar Apple Noodles!
These are so good, so quick, and so easy. And you can easily use coconut crystals instead of sugar to make this paleo or diabetic friendly- it will still be insanely sweet and delicious!
You can use this as a pancake topping (like I did here- my kids love pancakes and anything I put on them is fair game, though anything remotely healthy gets a second glance if on it’s own), or on ice cream, in a pie or tart, or just on its own- like a deconstructed apple dumpling.
This is so good- and a treat you don’t have to worry about derailing your diet plans!
If you dont have a veggie slicer, you could try a kitchenaid or slice the apples thinly by hand- but this is seriously the easiest way to make these (as well as other noodles from fruit and veggies!)
- 1 apple
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sugar or coconut crystals
- 2 tbsp butter
- Using a veggie slicer, make long noodles out of your apple.
- Heat butter in a pan until bubbling and foaming.
- Add apples, sautee for about 3 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add sugar and cinnamon, stir well to be sure it is fully combined.
- Continue to cook down for another 5 minutes, until very soft.
- Top on pancakes, ice cream, add in a pie- or just eat it straight!
Amount Per Serving Calories 199 Total Fat 12g Saturated Fat 9g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 15mg Sodium 107mg Carbohydrates 25g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 4g Sugar 19g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 1g