Have you seen the Sweet Potato shoestring fries and Zucchini pasta I've made with my Paderno Veggie slicer? Today I am super excited to show you one of my family's favorite new desserts and pancake toppings- Cinnamon Sugar Apple Noodles!
These are so good, so quick, and so easy. And you can easily use coconut crystals instead of sugar to make this paleo or diabetic friendly- it will still be insanely sweet and delicious!
You can use this as a pancake topping (like I did here- my kids love pancakes and anything I put on them is fair game, though anything remotely healthy gets a second glance if on it's own), or on ice cream, in a pie or tart, or just on its own- like a deconstructed apple dumpling.
This is so good- and a treat you don't have to worry about derailing your diet plans!
If you dont have a veggie slicer, you could try a kitchenaid or slice the apples thinly by hand- but this is seriously the easiest way to make these (as well as other noodles from fruit and veggies!)
- 1 apple
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sugar or coconut crystals
- 2 tbsp butter
- Using a veggie slicer, make long noodles out of your apple.
- Heat butter in a pan until bubbling and foaming.
- Add apples, sautee for about 3 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add sugar and cinnamon, stir well to be sure it is fully combined.
- Continue to cook down for another 5 minutes, until very soft.
- Top on pancakes, ice cream, add in a pie- or just eat it straight!
Amount Per Serving Calories 199Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 15mgSodium 107mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 4gSugar 19gProtein 1g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.