When you think of cocoa, you usually think of piping hot drinks, marshmallows bobbing about the top, that are best sipped on cold days out of big mugs- but "hot" cocoa is actually insanely delicious cold! This Cocoa Candy Cane Martini and Mocktini recipe is a delicious, fun and unique party drink your guests will love!
I recently posted a recipe for a Candy Cane Martini that is out of this world- and as it would have it- it is quite delicious when mixed with cocoa! This drink is sweet and chocolatey, without being overwhelming. And it brings the festive feeling- these are strong and delicious drinks that get the party started.
Of course, since I have a number of friends who don't drink, I am also including a mocktail version that is every drop as delicious as the adult version. For these, I use torani syrups instead of alcohol. Be sure to taste as you go- it might get a little sweet. You could start off with half the amount of syrups and taste, and then add more. You can always add more syrup to fit your tastes- but you can't take away if you ad too much.
If you don't have a cocktail shaker for the mocktail version, just give the drink a good stir- or fashion one out of placing one glass into another, holding the two glasses tightly together as you shake.
For parties, it is best to whip up large batches of cocoa to add to the cocktail and mocktails on an individual basis. You can double, triple, quadruple the cocoa part of the recipe, and then make individual drinks with the rest of the ingredients. If a little of the cocoa settles over the time of the party it isn't much trouble, since you'll be giving it a good shake for a lovely, icy flavor.
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk or any combination of milk, half-and-half, or cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ice cubes
- 1 1/4 ounces vanilla vodka, 1/2 oz vanilla syrup for mockatil
- 1 1/4 ounces white creme de cacao, 1/2 oz chocolate syrup
- 3/4 ounce peppermint schnapps or liqueur, 1/2 oz peppermint syrup
- Crushed peppermint candies, to rim
- In a small saucepan, combine milk or cream, cocoa, vanilla, and salt.
- Heat on medium until well combined.
- Remove from heat- cocoa should be warm but not hot.
- In a shaker or tall glass, add cocoa and liqour or flavored syrups for mocktail version over ice and shake until cold.
- Pour into martini glass rimmed with peppermint candy.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 25Sodium 2mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 3gProtein 1g