My kids are slowly becoming cookie aficionados. They LOVE delicious, thick and chewy cookies. And one of their favorite cookies are oatmeal cookies! One morning I was trying to think quick on my feet to find a butter substitute that would still give us light, fluffy, chewy cookies but still have a rich, buttery flavor (even though we found the fridge to be butter-less.) And so these delicious, pillowy Cream Cheese Oatmeal Raisin Cookies were born!
While these cookies might look like regular old oatmeal raisin cookies, the cream cheese helps to keep them extra soft. They get a fabulously crunchy and crispy base, but the cookie stays pillowy soft even after a day! They are deliciously rich and full of flavor, even without the butter. And I'm not badmouthing butter- we all know I LOVE it- but this recipe really is fluffier without it!
I'm kind of glad we ran short of butter and I tried these with cream cheese instead- because my kids absolutely loved them! You can also add nuts, other dried fruits, or even chocolate chips if raisins aren't your thing. This cookie is sure to be one of your favorites soon, too!
- 3/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In large bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Slowly beat into butter mixture.
- Stir in oats and raisins until fully mixed.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly, remove from sheet to wire rack.
Amount Per Serving Calories 78Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 11mgSodium 64mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 1gSugar 8gProtein 2g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.