Creamy Sausage Florentine Mushrooms
Creamy Sausage Florentine Mushrooms – mushrooms with sausage in a creamy spinach sauce, are rich, hearty, cheesy and luxuriously creamy mushroom side dish. Great over steak or chicken, pasta, rice, or as an indulgent side dish!
If you love sausage, mushrooms, and anything rich, creamy, and incredibly delicious – this amazingly decadent (and oh-so-easy) creamy mushroom side dish is perfect for you.
Creamy Sausage Mushroom Florentine is a simple and delicious one pot mushroom side that is fantastic paired with steak, chicken, pork, lamb, and even over salmon, risotto, or pasta!
It’s an incredibly versatile dish that takes less than 20 minutes – making these mushrooms one recipe you’re going to crave again and again, and won’t mind making since it is so incredibly simple!
The best part about this recipe? If you’re on a low carb, keto, or paleo diet, it works fantastically into a low carb diet plan.
Low Carb Holiday Side Dish Ideas
This is also a perfect side dish to serve for a low carb, keto, or paleo diet holiday dinner – it is rich and luxurious, full of sinfully delicious creamy mushroom flavor without compromising your special dietary needs!
If you’re looking for other low carb holiday side dish ideas, check out some of my favorites below:
Creamy Sausage Mushroom Florentine Recipe Serving Ideas
This creamy mushroom side dish isn’t just good alongside your fancy dinners – it is great as a main attraction!
-Toss with fettucine or linguine for a decadent pasta you’ll crave.
-Serve over a steak for a hearty, sinfully rich dish you’ll want for every special dinner!
-Prepare risotto to a crunchy al dente, and stir mushrooms in for an ultra-creamy and decadent dinner.
-Serve over rice for a creamy casserole-style dinner everyone will love!
Creamy Sausage Florentine Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 lb ground sausage (italian or german, depending on your preference for savory or slightly spicy)
- ¼ cup diced garlic
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, cleaned, de-stemmed, and sliced into 1" chunks (if small, keep whole)
- 2tbsp butter + 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- In a large heavy pan, heat sausage on medium high, crumbling as you cook with a wooden spoon.
- When sausage is browned, after around 6 minutes, add garlic.
- Add mushrooms, herbs, and salt - cook another 6 minutes, until lightly browned and soft.
- Add stock and turn heat to high to quickly bring to a boil and reduce by half, about 4 minutes.
- Turn heat off, and slowly stir in cream and parmesan, whisking as you add to mushrooms.
- Add in spinach.
- Return heat to medium, and let come to light boil until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve - great over pasta or a steak, or alongside your favorite meal!