Easy Instant Pot Cheesy Steak Taco Soup Recipe
Hearty, rich and delicious Low Carb Keto Easy Instant Pot Cheesy Steak Taco Soup Recipe is a family approved favorite bursting with creamy cheesy flavors and hearty steak cubes for an unforgettable one pot dinner that takes under 30 minutes start to finish!
I love delicious, easy, and comforting hearty meals – especially when on a diet.
My husband has lost over 40 pounds on the keto diet, and I’ve been starting to follow his tips and tricks to a smaller waistline without sacrificing flavor and comfort. There have been some bumps in the road (an insane travel writing schedule derailed my diet a lot this winter), but I am committed to sticking to it this spring – and have been coming up with tons of delicious herty keto dinners.
This Low Carb Keto Easy Instant Pot Cheesy Steak Taco Soup is a winner – it’s super low carb, incredibly quick and easy, and a true one-pot dinner the whole family will love – in under 40 minutes!
If you love cheesy soup that is loaded with big flavors and hearty chunks of steak, this steak taco soup is for you! And if you’re not on a low carb diet, it is amazing with rice and beans tossed in, too!
Cheesy Steak Taco Soup Recipe Variations
-Add jalapenos for a spicy kick.
-Add broccoli for a kick of everyone’s favorite cheesy soup veggie.
-Cook soup with guajillo peppers (remove the pod when done cooking) for a smoky delicious twist.
-Add 1/2 cup rice to soup for a comforting soup if youre not watching carbs.
-Add 1 can of beans (pinto or black beans, drained) if not watching carbs.
No Instant Pot? Stovetop and Slow Cooker Cheesy Steak Taco Soup Instructions:
If you don’t have an instant pot, never fear! This cheesy steak taco soup is super simple and easy on the stovetop, or in a slow cooker, too! Simply follow these steps to a perfect cheesy steak taco soup. While it can be hard to figure out how to convert an Instant Pot recipe to a slow cooker recipe, I’ve done the tricky parts for you!
-Start both the stovetop and slow cooker versions by browning steak on the stove (if cooking on the stovetop, go ahead and brown the beef in olive oil in a large dutch oven or stock pot that you plan to make the soup on. If cooking this cheesy steak taco soup in a slow cooker, a frying pan is perfect.)
-Brown the vegetables to soft. I prefer to brown my vegetables and meat before cooking to enrich and enhance their flavors, and to help them from falling apart in the soup.
-Add browned meat and vegetables to dutch oven/slow cooker, then mix with stock.
Instant Pot to Slow Cooker Cheesy Steak Taco Soup Recipe Conversion Instructions
-If cooking in the slow cooker, add all ingredients, and cook on high for 4 hours, stirring occasionally to prevent cheese sticking.
Instant Pot to Stovetop Cheesy Steak Taco Soup Recipe Conversion Instructions
-If cooking on the stovetop, add stock and bring to a rolling boil.
Tips to Perfect Easy Instant Pot Cheesy Steak Taco Soup
-Brown your steak. For a rich, beefy taco soup flavor, you want to have browned beef. This not only makes a huge difference in the meat’s hearty flavor – it helps lock in the beef’s juices and gives a lovely crunchy texture that holds up to pressure cooking.
-Let cheese melt before sealing. Stir your cheese before you seal your instant pot, or it will all sink to the bottom and make a burned cheese layer. Melting it into the soup (it should start to melt right away since we’re sauteeing the steak in the instant pot), will help prevent this.
-Deglaze your instant pot pan. Before adding in cheese, make sure to scrape up any browned steak or vegetable bits from the base of your Instant Pot – it won’t seal properly with browned bits at the bottom of the pan.
Other Easy Instant Pot Dinners You’ll Love
If you love this easy cheesy steak taco soup recipe, you’ll love some of my other favorite hearty one pot Instant Pot dinner ideas!
Please click the links to get these family-tested and approved Instant Pot meals:
To Make This Easy Instant Pot Cheesy Steak Taco Soup, You’ll Need:
This Instant Pot Steak Taco Soup is incredibly easy and simple – but there are a couple kitchen tools you’ll need to make it go smoothly. These are my tried and true favorites for making this recipe!
-Avocado Cream Sauce
Low Carb Keto Easy Instant Pot Cheesy Steak Taco Soup Recipe
If you love this Low Carb Keto Easy Instant Pot Cheesy Steak Taco Soup recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on facebook and pinterest!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs steak stew meat
- 1 onion, diced finely
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 12 oz beef stock
- 8 oz melting cheese (oxaca, mozzarella, velveeta)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 oz ro-tel tomatoes , I like hot variety, any is fine
- 2 tbsp taco seasonings
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup diced cilantro, to garnish
- 1/4 cup avocado cream dressing, to garnish
- Set instant pot to sautee.
- Add olive oil to pan.
- Add stew meat and let brown on all sides(in batches, only enough to cover bottom of pan, do not overcrowd.)
- When meat is browned, remove from instant pot and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to instant pot, let soften, about 5 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Add peppers and soften and brown with onions and garlic.
- When onions and peppers are soft and lightly browned, add meat back to pan.
- Pour a bit of stock into pan, and deglaze (use a spatula to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the instant pot - this is CRUCIAL to allowing your instant pot to seal! It will not seal if there are any browned bits on the bottom of the pan.)
- Add the rest of the stock, ro-tel, and cheese.
- Stir well to let cheese melt into dish, making sure it doesn't settle on bottom of pan.
- When cheese is melted into dish, add taco seasonings.
- Put lid on instant pot and set to seal.
- Select soup/stew on high pressure, for 35 minutes.
- When soup is done, force release, and remove lid.
- Top with olives, avocado cream sauce (or avocados), and fresh diced cilantro.
- Serve immediately, soup can store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 527 Saturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 153mg Sodium: 1049mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 7g Protein: 55g