This Fried Egg Cheesy Veggie Homefries Skillet is a hearty, healthy, and filling breakfast- perfect for the morning after when you need extra veggies!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Simple Delicious Fried Egg Cheesy Veggie Home Fries Skillet
My husband and I like to joke that after a long night (and perhaps a few too many beverages), you really only need one vitamin in the morning- vitamin G. As in, vitamin Grease. Is there anything better than a rich, greasy, and filling meal when you’re feeling a bit rough in the morning?
It’s easy to over-do the grease bit and have your meal keep you feeling sluggish all day though. So I made this delicious, hearty, and actually (reasonably) healthy fried egg and cheesy veggie homefries skillet as a way to get in a lot of other (real) vitamins- though it still has a rich, indulgent taste that is so comforting on tough mornings.
Grab some orange juice and fruit- and this makes a perfectly well rounded hangover helper meal. It’s even gluten-free for those with gluten allergies!
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
Fried Egg Cheesy Veggie Home Fries Skillet
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
This home fry skillet is packed with veggies and cheese topped with two over easy eggs for a perfect breakfast!
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil, ghee, or clarified butter
- 2 russet potatoes, washed well and diced into 1" squares
- 1 zucchini, washed well and diced into 1" squares
- 1 bell pepper, halved and diced
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, sharp
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup green onions
- 2 tbsp butter , or grease
- 2 eggs
- In a large cast iron skillet, melt butter or heat oil until shimmery.
- Add onions and cook until browned.
- Set aside.
- Add potatoes, cook on medium high until browned.
- Remove potatoes.
- Add vegetables and cook on medium high until browned.
- Add onions and potatoes back to pan, stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and top with cheese and green onions.
- In a small pan over very high heat, add 2 tbsp butter or grease to a pan.
- Carefully crack in two eggs, let fry until whites are cooked but yolk is still runny- about 5 minutes.
- When cheese is melted, remove from heat and serve!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Tin Star Foods - Grassfed Ghee (Grassfed Biodynamic 16oz)
Utopia Kitchen 12 inch Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet With Lid - Frying Pan - Cast Iron Pan - Safe Grill Cookware for indoor & Outdoor Use
Hiware Extra Large Bamboo Cutting Board for Kitchen, Heavy Duty Wood Cutting Boards with Juice Groove, 100% Organic Bamboo, Pre Oiled, 18" x 12"
Amount Per Serving Calories 376Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 140mgSodium 271mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 10g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.