Deliciously easy Garlic Butter Charred Artichokes are the most delicious way to make artichokes ever! Perfect for parties- no butter dipping needed!
Now that summer is starting to make it’s way to us in Northern Colorado, we’ve been starting to fire up our grill in anticipation of hot nights and fun, festive dinner parties.
The patio behind our house was in pretty bad shape after decades of use hosting my husband’s family and their fabulous gatherings- and after just getting it re-poured, it is constantly calling my name. I want nothing more than to gather with our friends and hangout in the backyard under our vine-laced pergola, eating delicious summer-fresh food.
Sounds pretty perfect, right?
Sometimes I hangout in our backyard at night in the golden hour when the sunsets and I have to pinch myself – like wow, we really do live here. It’s lovely.
So to celebrate gorgeous views and a more outdoor-focused summer, I’m gathering up lots of recipes that are perfect for backyard entertaining.
And while I filmed these artichokes cooking in the pan, they also grill like a dream!
One of my absolute favorite things to grill is vegetables, oddly enough- and these Charred Garlic Butter Artichokes are PERFECT on the grill (or in the pan if it’s cloudy!!!).
One of the reasons these artichokes are perfect for entertaining – they have butter cooked right into them, so you don’t have to worry about melted butter dipping stations for guests!
I know what you’re thinking- dipping in the butter makes it sooooo delicious – but trust me, from one butter-holic to another, you will seriously not need any. These artichokes really are that good!
And this recipe is perfect for entertaining- simply pre-boil the artichokes and halve them, removing the “choke” hairs, and then refrigerate for up to two days before your party.
When you’re about ready to eat, pop them in a pan, and add the garlic butter.
No slaving over a boiling pot or worrying about cooking the artichokes to be soft enough- charring takes under 10 minutes, so these are a perfect last-minute party dish!
- 4 artichokes, boiled until soft, cut in half, and stringy choke center removed
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided in two
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 11/2 tsp celtic sea salt
- Freshly grated parmesan, optional.
- In a small pot, melt butter, one part olive oil, and combine garlic powder and salt.
- Heat a large heavy pan on medium high heat (or prepare a well-cleaned grill).
- Drizzle butter mixture into artichokes and swirl around, letting it sink into artichoke meat.
- Add other half of oil to pan and heat until shimmery.
- Add artichokes, face up, to pan and cook until the backs are browned- about 5 minutes.
- Flip artichokes over and let them char another 5 minutes, face side down.
- If desired, add a little fresh grated parmesan to artichoke meat.
- Serve and enjoy!