Ginger Mulled White Wine
Dec 21, 2015, Updated Dec 01, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This delicious spicy and sweet ginger mulled white wine cooks effortlessly in your slow cooker. It will warm your party guests from the inside out!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Slow Cooker Ginger Mulled White Wine
With Christmas around the corner, it’s time to start planning delicious and festive drinks to get the party started! I love delicious mulled wines, they are so tasty and easy and are always the first thing to be gone at our holiday gatherings. This is such a great Christmas treat because you can dump it into a crockpot or slow cooker – and let guests serve themselves throughout the day!
Traditional Glogg, Gluehwein, Grzaniec – whatever name you prefer- is made with red wine, but I wanted to come up with a delicious alternative with white wine. This version is pretty and light, and is full of delicious flavor from fresh fruit!
How to make Ginger Mulled White Wine
First you will want to assemble the following ingredients:
- White wine – you can use any white wine you want. If you prefer the taste of dry white wine use dry. If you prefer a sweet, mulled wine use sweet.
- Ginger Liquor – I prefer to use Domain Canton it has a strong flavor and is good quality, but you can use whatever you like.
- Cranberries – fresh cranberries add a tartness and festive pop to this mulled wine.
- Apple – the apples will absorb the liquor and it will soften them. They give a nice sweetness to this hot fall/winter drink.
- Pear – pears have a soft sweetness, if you don’t have any pears you can substitute with more apples.
- Oranges – orange slices add a lovely color to this drink and a bright acidic punch.
- Brandied peach halves and juice – unbrandied peaches are fine, be sure they are sweetened since there won’t be any additional sweetener. The branding helps this hot holiday drink to have a strong alcohol flavor. You can omit the juice but it will lose some sweetness.
- Mulling spices – these are a combination of spices, typically in a non-powder form. See tips and tricks below for how to make your own.
- Sugar – even if you use some of the peach juice you will need sugar to balance things out, especially if you use dry white wine.
After you have assembled the ingredients use the following method
- Combine in Slow Cooker – combine all the ingredients in your slow cooker and set it to low heat for 3 hours or high heat for 1 hour.
- Remove extras – remove the orange and serve hot, enjoy!
Tips and Tricks for perfect Ginger Mulled White Wine
Make your own mulling spices. Making your own mulling spices is simple, you will just need to combine: 1 crumbled dried orange, 1 crumbled dried lemon, 2 cinnamon sticks, 1 tablespoon of whole allspice, 1 tablespoon of whole cloves, 1/2 tablespoon cardamom pods, 1/2 tablespoon of whole black peppercorns. Store in a jar for up to 6 months!
Use cheesecloth – I always prefer to tie my spices up in cheesecloth and add that to the crock pot. It keeps the spices from getting into people’s glasses as they serve themselves.
If you want to make this nonalcoholic or very low in alcohol you can simply leave out the ginger liquor, add some fresh pressed ginger, use regular canned peaches and let the mulled wine sit for 5-6 hours on low so the wine can cook off.
Yes, you can make this in a standard pot just don’t even bring the mixture to a boil. Simply simmer it in a pot on the stovetop for 1 hour before serving.
Be sure to check out some of my other favorite holiday drinks:
You might also love, Traditional Gluehwein, Elderflower Spiced Apple Cider, Sparkling Cranberry Mules, Crockpot Cranberry Sangria, Eggnog Espresso Spiked Mocha, Eggnog Espresso Shooters, and Peppermint Hot Cocoa Shooters
Ginger Mulled White Wine Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1.5 L white wine
- 1/2 cup Ginger Liquor
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 apple, sliced into rounds
- 1 pear, sliced into rounds
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 6 brandied peach halves + 1/2 cup of juice from the jar (unbrandied peaches are fine, be sure they are sweetened)
- 2 tbsp mulling spices
- 1 cup sugar
- In a large crockpot, combine ingredients.
- Set to medium and let cook at least one hour.
- Remove orange from crockpot after one hour, let simmer on low while serving.
- Optional - add spices into a cheesecloth so they do not make their way into glasses when serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Amish Valley Products Old Fashioned VANILLA Peaches Halves Canned Jarred Peach in 32 oz Glass Jar
Mulling Cider Spices, Mulling Spice Mix, Mulled Wine Spices, Classic Cider Spices (4.0 oz)
SUSTEAS 2.0 Liter 68oz Glass Pitcher with Lid, Easy Clean Heat Resistant Glass Water Carafe with Handle for Hot/Cold Beverages - Water, Cold Brew, Iced Tea & Juice, 1 Free Long-Handled Brush Included
Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S-A 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker with Digital Timer, Stainless Steel
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 362Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 16mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 5gSugar 45gProtein 2g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.