I have a really deep dark secret I just have to share.... We love pancake mix! I know that pancake mix takes like seconds to make yourself. And store-bought mix is probably more expensive, full of GMO's, etc- but you just can't beat how easy it is. And with two kiddos under four- easy wins every time. Just dump, mix and go- it can't get any better! Well, actually- it can... it's also really easy to flavor! These Graham Cracker, Lemon Curd and Ricotta pancakes may sound complicated- but when using a pancake mix all you have to do is dump in the five ingredients and go.
And they are so, so good.
We're talking slightly tart, perfectly sweet, creamy and rich with a hint of a graham cracker flavor. They are great with hot syrup, whipped cream, or even more lemon curd.
And you can EASILY make these gluten free!
Just grab some gluten free graham crackers/crumbs and GF pancake mix! It tastes just as rich and heavenly.
My kids loved these, but my husband really loved them. He loves putting lemon curd on pancakes, so having it right in the pancake was a twist he was really excited about. If you haven't had lemon curd- you're missing out! This recipe is a perfect way to test out the slightly sweet, not-overwhelmingly-tart spread. It's like spreadable lemon bars, and goes so perfectly with pancakes.
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 1/3 cup milk or cold water
- 1/4 cup lemon curd
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- *may need additional water with some pancake mixes, including gluten free. Add to your desired consistency.
- In a large bowl, mix water and pancake mix.
- Add lemon curd and ricotta, mix until smooth (some clumps will remain from pancake mix- that is fine)
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs.
- In a buttered pan on medium heat, cook pancakes until bubbles form, then flip and cook another 2-4 minutes, until set.
- Serve with hot syrup, whipped cream, or lemon curd.
Amount Per Serving Calories 467Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 38mgSodium 1048mgCarbohydrates 79gFiber 3gSugar 21gProtein 16g