Jalepeno Onion Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs are one of summer’s best meals- based off of street-style bacon dogs in Los Angeles and at Dodgers games- these are always a huge hit with our family!
One of our favorite things to do in summer is go to baseball games and eat delicious ballpark dogs. Unfortunately we live a bit far from my favorite team- the Los Angeles Dodgers- and the LA street style bacon wrapped dogs that I’d love to snack on during a ballgame. This Jalapeno Onion Bacon Hot Dog recipe is a sure hit at home!
It is so easy to get these incredibly sinful hot dogs- you won’t want to eat plain old dogs ever again! I love lots of browned onions and tons of diced jalapenos on mine- but you could experiment with lots of flavor combinations- like fresh corn, roasted poblanos, green chili- the sky is the limit!
So let’s get going and make a homerun dinner with these delicious Bacon Dogs! These also make an awesome party food idea- just make ahead of time and reheat the bacon dogs right before serving! You can also set up a toppings bar so people can make their own delicious custom bacon wrapped dog!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, halved and then cut into long thin strips
- 2 jalapeños, halved and de-seeded, and then diced
- In a large pan, heat butter until melted and slightly bubbly.
- Add onions, and brown.
- Wrap a hot dog in bacon.
- Add bacon wrapped dog into pan and cook on medium-low until bacon has crisped.
- Add to bun and top with grilled onions, jalapeños, and other preferred toppings!