I first saw Jello- gummies on Skip to My Lou, and have been meaning to try them forever… but for some reason I kept putting them off. I don’t know why though, because they are SO delicious and easy to make! So when JELL-O asked me to make a fun halloween treat, I knew I wanted to make some Jumbo JELL-O Frankenstein and Bride Gummies !
I did change them up a bit from Cindy’s gummies. I used JELL-O unflavored gelatin and twice the JELL-O packages. We wanted a really intense, sweet flavor- so you might want to try hers if you don’t want them quite as tart and sweet. I also made mine much bigger- I wanted to see if it would set up as a big gummy candy, like those giant pet rats we’d get at Halloween. They always creeped me out, but I loved them!
Want to make more than just gummies for your spooky sweeties this year?
Jello.com has a TON of Halloween Inspirational ideas that you can make quickly for Halloween. How cute are these Creepy Crawly Jigglers?? They also have videos for some of the recipes, so you can be absolutely sure you’re following instructions right. GENIUS!
I think I am going to try some JELL-O worms next- or these awesome Frankenstein mmmmonster jigglers!
- 2 packages JELL-O, any flavor (I used raspberry and cherry for a tart, tangy flavor)
- 2 packages gelatin
- ¾ cup water
- Candy molds (I used Wilton Frankenstein marshmallow molds)
- In a medium saucepan, combine JELL-O packages and unflavored gelatin.
- Add water.
- Let sit 3 minutes.
- Cook on medium for 2-3 minutes, until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Pour into candy molds (you dont need to grease them at all)
- Let sit for 40 minutes, 20 in the fridge.
- When gummy is set, it won't jiggle and may have small bubbles up top.
- Pull gently to remove from mold, and eat!