Who doesn't go out to lunch or dinner and get a ton of leftovers that you end up throwing out? Fries are the WORST. They get soggy, limp and tasteless- we usually just ask them not be boxed up with leftovers. NEVER AGAIN!
I found a super easy and delicious way to turn leftover fries into crispy truffle and garlic fries! They are so good, you'll never toss them again !
- Leftover Fries
- Garlic- 3 cloves
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp truffle oil
- Olive, coconut or peanut oil
- parmesan cheese, to sprinkle over top
- Heat a cast iron or heavy pan until hot.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add olive oil to pan, and saute onion until caramelized.
- Toss in diced garlic and truffle oil, stir.
- Turn heat back to high.
- Toss in fries and stir frequently- don't let fries burn.
- Once fries get a nice crispy brown color, remove from pan and sprinkle with oregano.
- Serve immediately and top with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 541Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 2mgSodium 314mgCarbohydrates 54gFiber 8gSugar 18gProtein 5g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
The fries I used for this were from Freddie's Steakburgers- it should work with any fries, but the thin shoestring like fries are divine this way. If you have fatter steak fries, you might want to re-fry them separately in oil and then quickly toss them in with onions and garlic so they have a little more time to get crunchy without burning your truffle oil or garlic.