I was recently invited to try out Try The World , the company that brings food to your doorstep!- a fun new subscription service that brings culinary delights from around the world direct to your doorstep. It's a really fun idea- you can experience some of the best of international culinary delights without ever leaving your home. And they have really interesting offerings- and the ability to buy products you tried and love. I had a lot of fun going through our Morocco Box, and can't wait to see what boxes they have in the future!
When going through our box, I had to come up with a quick and easy recipe with some of my favorite ingredients. This quick and easy Lemon, Olive and Eggplant, Cous Cous is a delicious, hearty meat-free meal that I made with items from our Morocco Try The World , the company that brings food to your doorstep! We found some buttery, sinful palmiers, cous cous and sauce, a pack of sardines my husband instantly devoured, culinary argan oil, and kafta rub (great for lamb!!).
This recipe was incredibly quick and delicious- and so fun to try out some of our favorite new Moroccan-inspired foods from Try The World , the company that brings food to your doorstep!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1/2" squares
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup cous cous
- 1 jar lemon and olive cous cous sauce
- salt, pepper, cilantro, cabbage to garnish
- In a large pan, add olive oil, and brown eggplant and onion, about 15 minutes on medium-low.
- Boil water.
- Add cous cous to boiling water and stir, remove from heat, and cover. Let set 20 minutes.
- Add sauce to eggplant and onion, let cook on low until cous cous is done.
- Fluff cous cous when all water is absorbed (after 20 minutes) and serve in a dish. Top with sauce and garnish.
Amount Per Serving Calories 279Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 1mgSodium 309mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 8gSugar 10gProtein 7g