I’m always looking for delicious, easy to make dishes that are gluten free, paleo crowd pleasers – and I’ve been trying lots of new recipes with different flavors to change things up and keep healthy heating interesting. This Meyer Lemon and Sriracha Chicken Stir Fry is one of my favorite new dishes- and it is so amazingly easy to make!
I love slightly sweet, tangy, and spicy dishes- but I really love them with noodles. When trying to keep a primarily low carb, gluten free diet there is no room for noodles- so I am always trying to find good substitutes. I absolutely love adding in pea shoots to this dish- we’re not cooking them but really heating them in the pan when the rest of the dish is done cooking- so they maintain a firm texture.
The pea shoots and almond garnish give a crunchy texture, and the addition of meyer lemon gives just a hint of tangy sweetness that combines perfectly with sriracha’s heat. Its reminiscent of a pad thai, but a little less sweet and more citrusy.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! I think its a great dish on its own, or you can roll it into lettuce cups for a tasty noodle wrap. It is filling, full of fresh ingredients, and won’t break your diet!
- 2 tbsp ghee, olive oil, or other fat
- 1 chicken breast, diced into 1" chunks
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 meyer lemon, sliced thin
- 3 tsp siracha** more or less, to taste
- 2 tsp coconut aminos, or soy sauce if you aren't avoiding soy
- dash of sesame oil
- handful blanched almonds, chopped
- green onions, to garnish
- handful pea shoots
- salt, pepper
- Heat oil in a cast iron pan or wok until shimmery.
- Add chicken and season with salt and pepper, toss.
- Add diced onion, bell pepper, and meyer lemon slices.
- Toss on high heat until browned.
- Add in aminos, sesame oil and siracha- add in siracha slowly and taste as you go to be sure you aren't making it too spicy for your personal taste.
- Add pea shoots to pan, toss, and remove from heat.
- Garnish with sliced green onion and nuts.
- Serve Warm.