We LOVE muddy buddies here. Since little man is gluten free, we love to munch chex and add delicious other flavors to it- and none are better than nutella and peanut butter! So for Halloween, we’re making Monster Munch Muddy Buddies!
Seriously…. what is better than nutella AND peanut butter? Mixing in chex, candy corn, AND sprinkles!
I poured this into Wilton Halloween treat boxes from Joann’s. I think they are so much fun, and are a great size for parties.
It’s important to add the sprinkles ad candy corn after the powdered sugar or they will get all chocolatey and brown. I like to add sprinkles right at the end so they “pop” more.
Also, you’ll notice I dont use butter. Since I’m using nutella, it was just too much. It doesnt make it any healthier (nutella is full of sugar), I just dont think the recipe needs it. If you like butter in your muddy buddies, go for it- just cut back a little peanut butter and nutella.
- 9 cups Chex Cereal
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Wilton Halloween Sprinkles
- Candy Corn Mix
- In a large bowl, pour in chex and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat, add peanut butter, nutella, and vanilla.
- Stir until liquid. Do not let burn.
- Remove from head when melted and pour over chex.
- Stir to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over, tossing to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle with Sprinkles and mix in candy corn mix and serve!
And see them in this super cute spooky sweet dessert table here– I used antiques, yummy food and some industrial elements to create a hauntingly adorable display- and how you can, too!