This delicious and creamy Olaf Blue White Chocolate Cocoa has a bright blue twist to celebrate Olaf- complete with adorable Olaf candies for your Frozen loving kids!
In a few days, my husband and I are going to take my kids for their first ever trip to Walt Disney World. We’ve been to Florida with them before- but they have never, ever been to Disney World or Disney Land. They love Disney movies and are SO excited- and we’ve been having lots of fun talking about our trip and all the great “friends” we are going to meet.
By far their favorite? OLAF AND ANNA! Yup…. my kids totally love Frozen. We’re lucky enough to be heading to Disney World at a time when we can check out Mickey’s Christmas Party- and we will get to see Elsa, Anna, Olaf, and all our Frozen pals!
I had a fun idea the other day to help get in the mood and make some Olaf Cocoa, now that the weather is finally cool enough to properly indulge- and it was a huge hit. I think we’re going to stock up on the Olaf cocoa kits and make them all the time!
I found some adorable Wilton Cocoa Trimming kits at Joann Fabrics- and one of the ones I just couldn’t help but grab was their Olaf trimming kit.
It comes with three candy Olaf heads, two candy snowflakes, and five candy sticks. My kids flipped over the little Olafs- they get soft and eventually dissolve in hot cocoa, but of course my kids were never that patient and ate them right away. They are actually decent tasting, too!
The White Chocolate Cocoa recipe is super easy to make. I like to use a double boiler, since white chocolate can be a little finnicky, and be sure that it doesn’t boil or burn. You need to stir often or you will get clumps- but it is so rich, creamy and delicious, it is worth a few minutes of stirring! Be sure to use a good, high quality white chocolate.
And be sure to top it all off with some blue sugar sprinkles and blue straws! I love paper straws for cocoa- they are cheap, cute, and so fun!
This would be such a cute recipe at a Frozen or Olaf themed party- or any Disney themed event!
- 4 cups milk, or you can substitute heavy cream or half and half, or do a mixture
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. white chocolate, chopped into small pieces (or white chocolate chips)
- Blue food coloring
- whipped cream, or marshmallows for topping
- Wilton Frozen Cocoa Trimming Kit
- Whipped Cream
- Blue sugar sprinkles
- Stir together milk, vanilla and chopped white chocolate in a medium saucepan.
- Add in a few drops of food coloring, stir to make an even color.
- Over medium-low heat, melt chocolate until the white hot chocolate comes to a simmer. Don't let it boil!
- Make sure the cocoa doesn't boil over.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately
- Top with whipped cream, and add sprinkles.
- Add a blue candy straw, a paper straw for sipping, and an Olaf cocoa topper and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 366 Saturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 29mg Sodium: 124mg Carbohydrates: 36g Sugar: 36g Protein: 8g
If you love this fun cocoa, check out some of my others:
And so are the White Chocolate Fudge kind!
You can give hot cocoa as a cute teacher gift–