One Pan Cheese Steak Skillets are a delicious, easy weeknight meal that are gluten free and paleo adaptable!
I love philly cheesesteaks. I once even aimlessly wandered through Philadelphia with a friend to make our way to south street (this is before cell phone GPS-- we just kind of went in circles and through just about every neighborhood you don't necessarily want to walk through when you're two girls alone) so we could have a steak off between Genos and Pat's.
It was delicious. I was in heaven! But... in Colorado its hard to find delicious cheese steaks.
It's impossible to find a good gluten and grain free cheesesteak- so I made this recipe for a One Pan Grain Free Cheesesteak Skillet so I could enjoy the ooey, gooey flavor I love, without gluten or any grains.
While this recipe isn't paleo because I am using cheese, you can just skip it for a perfectly paleo version.
I am also using my own montreal steak seasoning for a little extra flavor- but you should check your label and make sure there aren't any objectionable ingredients if you're sticking to a strict gluten free diet (some spices include gluten derivatives as a preservative).
I've been trying to cut out gluten, a lot of grains, and processed foods for some complicated health issues- but I'm trying to keep as much comforting flavor I can so I stay with the healthier eating.
Meals like this are hearty, comforting, and even get my husband in on the grain-free foods!
I hope you love these as much as we do!
- 1 lb thinly sliced rib eye
- 1 large onion, halved and then sliced into long strips
- 2 bell peppers, any color, cut into strips
- 2 tsp montreal steak seasoning
- 4 slices provolone or other melting cheese
- In a large pan, cook meat with a little oil until slightly browned.
- Add onion and peppers, cook until browned- about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle seasoning.
- Top with cheese. Let cheese melt, remove from heat, serve.