One Pan Cheese Steak Skillets are a delicious, easy weeknight meal that are gluten free and paleo adaptable!
I love philly cheesesteaks. I once even aimlessly wandered through Philadelphia with a friend to make our way to south street (this is before cell phone GPS– we just kind of went in circles and through just about every neighborhood you don’t necessarily want to walk through when you’re two girls alone) so we could have a steak off between Genos and Pat’s.
It was delicious. I was in heaven! But… in Colorado its hard to find delicious cheese steaks.
It’s impossible to find a good gluten and grain free cheesesteak- so I made this recipe for a One Pan Grain Free Cheesesteak Skillet so I could enjoy the ooey, gooey flavor I love, without gluten or any grains.
While this recipe isn’t paleo because I am using cheese, you can just skip it for a perfectly paleo version.
I am also using my own montreal steak seasoning for a little extra flavor- but you should check your label and make sure there aren’t any objectionable ingredients if you’re sticking to a strict gluten free diet (some spices include gluten derivatives as a preservative).
I’ve been trying to cut out gluten, a lot of grains, and processed foods for some complicated health issues- but I’m trying to keep as much comforting flavor I can so I stay with the healthier eating.
Meals like this are hearty, comforting, and even get my husband in on the grain-free foods!
I hope you love these as much as we do!
- 1 lb thinly sliced rib eye
- 1 large onion, halved and then sliced into long strips
- 2 bell peppers, any color, cut into strips
- 2 tsp montreal steak seasoning
- 4 slices provolone or other melting cheese
- In a large pan, cook meat with a little oil until slightly browned.
- Add onion and peppers, cook until browned- about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle seasoning.
- Top with cheese. Let cheese melt, remove from heat, serve.