I’ve been starting to make a lot more quinoa lately. Sure, it’s trendy, sure it’s everywhere and SOOO cliche- but quinoa is so easy, adaptable, and great for people avoiding gluten and maxing their protein intake. But quinoa CAN be hard to get just right. This One Pan Cheesesteak Quinoa Bake is a delicious, easy and quick meal you can make on a busy weeknight, makes excellent leftovers, and is a fantastic high-protein, gluten free meal your whole family will love!
While we’re not actually using cheese steak sliced beef, this ground beef, quinoa and pepper combination tastes just like cheesesteak!
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 2tsp spicy montreal steak seasoning
- 2 tsp montreal steak seasoning
- 1½ cup quinoa
- 3 cups beef stock
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large pan, brown ground beef on medium-high heat.
- Drain off excess fat, saving just a little to cook the vegetables in (pour off the majority of the liquid, but don't worry about getting it all. There should be a little in the pan still.)
- When beef is almost cooked through, add diced onions and sliced bell peppers.
- Sautee until peppers and onions are browned and meat is fully cooked, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add spices and stir to fully incorporate.
- Add quinoa, stir.
- Pour in beef stock.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until quinoa is fully cooked (you will see a string from the quinoa- that means it is cooked.)
- When liquid is absorbed and quinoa has released its germ (the string), add cheese.
- When cheese is melted, serve!
I’m also rounding up some of my other favorite Quinoa recipes that are filling enough to be a main dish. Click through the slides to find lots of delicious, easy and quick quinoa meals!