One Pan Tuscan Pork Chops are a delicious, easy dish your whole family will love- and won't cost you your diet goals. These are delicious plated with zucchini noodles as pictured, but if you're not following a paleo diet, it is very tasty served on a bed of pasta- or even quinoa.
If you're following a paleo diet, (or just trying to eat fresh unprocessed foods more often, as we are) you know how time consuming creating meals can be. Fresh food is very obviously better for us- but let's face it- it can be a pain to make meals centered on whole foods night after night, no matter how much you want to.
Since I've been battling a host of health issues, I have very little energy many nights. Chasing after the kids all day, trying to run the blog and keep our house some semblance of clean is not the easiest when you feel awful. I often fall back on ordering food those nights, but I know they often just make me feel worse. So I'm trying to find more meals that are simple, easy, and not extremely expensive to make.
This tuscan pork is incredibly simple and quick to make, and is delicious! Our insanely picky son even ate some... anytime I get to cut down on preparing additional meals is a plus in my book.
- 4 pork chops, fat trimmed
- 1 tbsp oil, olive, coconut, butter, ghee
- 5 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced (include liquid if cutting tomatoes produces a lot of liquid)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp basil
- Heat a large, heavy pan on high until warm.
- Add oil and heat until shimmery (but NOT burning/smoking) about 20 seconds.
- Brown pork chops on each side, about 1 minute each.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add onions.
- Stir onions and flip pork chops after 2 minutes on each side.
- Add tomatoes, garlic and spices.
- Simmer until tomatoes are soft and sauce has set up- about 5-8 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of pasta or zucchini noodles.