One pot creamy vegan tahini noodles are a quick, easy, and delicious dish in just one pot and under 12 minutes! Under 260 Calories per serving.
I LOVE creamy, delicious noodle dishes.
Thick, saucy, and full of rich flavor – filled to the top with delicious healthy vegetables.
Lo mein, stir fry noodles, pad thai…. I love them all.
Street style noodles are one of my favorite meals for meatless mondays, lent- and anytime I’m craving something comforting that won’t weigh me down.
These noodles are FULL of rich and creamy flavor- thanks in part to tahini, which is a ground sesame paste. Tahini tastes a lot like peanut butter, with a little richer, more buttery flavor.
The addition of tahini in this dish is so delicious- and it also adds some lean protein which is important when you’re eschewing meat in your diet.
Check out just how easy this dish is to make!
- Use a heavy pan to cook your noodles and vegetables quickly. I prefer these heavyweight Mineral Iron pans – they heat evenly, are nonstick naturally after seasoned, and are great instead of woks if you don’t use a wok enough to justify purchasing one.
- Customize the way you like it! Don’t like zucchini? Double up on peppers! Have an eggplant you want to use up? Toss it in! Want more or less soy or sesame flavor? Change it up! This is a crazy versatile recipe.
- Use an oil with a high smoke point. Don’t burn your oil! Peanut, grapeseed, canola are all good choices.
One Pot Creamy Vegan Tahini Noodles
One pot creamy vegan tahini noodles are a quick, easy, and deliciously meaty tasting dish in just one pot and under 12 minutes! Full of vegetables and Under 260 Calories per serving.
- 1 tbsp grapeseed, peanut, or canola oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 12 oz diced shiitake mushrooms
- 7 oz precooked stir fry noodles
- 2 tbsp mirin or rice wine
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1-2 tsp chili paste, fire oil, or other spicy oil/paste/herb
- sesame seeds and green onions, to garnish
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat oil on medium high.
- Add onion and shallot, tossing to prevent burning.
- After 2 minutes on high, onion and shallot should be lightly browned.
- Add peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, stir on high heat and lightly brown.
- Add noodles to pan, toss.
- Add sauce and stir.
- Stir in tahini and mix well.
- Sprinkle green onions and sesame seeds over noodles, plate immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 396 Total Fat 20g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 17g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 820mg Carbohydrates 36g Fiber 6g Sugar 12g Protein 10g