If you’re sticking to a diet, it can be hard to find quick, easy and delicious meals you can whip up in a few minutes that will keep you full, satisfied, and keep you going strong on your diet. This one pot paleo mexican chicken stir fry is a delicious, quick and incredibly healthy meal that is whole 30, paleo, low carb and take shape for life compliant. It is naturally gluten free, has an ideal balance of fats, protein and carbohydrates- and has a ton of delicious whole foods flavor!
This dinner only takes 20 minutes to make, start to finish. You can’t get any more easy than that when it comes to fresh, healthy meals! And it cooks in only one pot so you have less dirty dishes to clean! We cook the peppers and broccoli with the chicken to maximize flavor without having to add additional calories.
To make this recipe adaptable for a take shape for life plan as your lean & green meal, make sure you watch the spices in coordination with your condiments allowance for the day. The olive oil takes up your 1 healthy fat allowance, and the spices will use up your 3 condiment servings. I have noted that the chili powder is optional as it would take you over your condiment servings for the day.
The photo in the dish represents a lean and green meal serving size- I picked out chicken and weighed it out to 6 ounces, and measured out 3 1/2 cup servings of the vegetables. Since cooking the chicken with the broccoli and peppers makes it more flavorful, without adding additional calories.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed off and diced into 2" chunks
- 2 bell peppers
- 1½ cups broccoli florets
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- optional: ½ tsp chili powder
- Heat a large pan on medium high heat.
- Add oil and heat until shimmery, about 20 seconds.
- Add diced chicken, stir occasionally until lightly browned on all sides- about 5 minutes.
- Add peppers and broccoli and continue to cook until veggies are slightly browned and softened- about 10 minutes.
- Add spices and a little water to help coat the stir fry with the spices (about 2 tbsp- adjust as needed).
- Cook until water is completely absorbed.
- Remove and enjoy!