One of my favorite treats in the summer is an oreo milkshake. There is something about that cold, sweet cookies and cream combination that just gets me every time. They are so rich, decadent and delicious… I knew there had to be a way to make them a hit in colder weather. Enter Oreo Hot Cocoa – the MUST try cocoa this fall. Even better with Halloween Oreos!
These are a sweet, addictive, cookies-n-cream indulgence you won’t be able to say no to.
Sip them slowly in your favorite mug or jar and stir with a Halloween patterned straw (my delighful white and black dots straw is from Wilton at Joann Fabrics).
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 oreos, crushed
- In a small sauce pan, add milk, water, cocoa powder and stir over medium heat until warm (you can microwave, but stovetop cocoa just tastes better).
- While the cocoa is warming, crush 4 oreos into small chunks and crumbles.
- Add into cocoa and stir well.
- Serve hot with an oreo garnish or some whipped cream!