Since starting a Take Shape for Life diet a few weeks ago, I have lost over 15 pounds and am feeling good. At first when starting the diet, I wondered- what the heck am I going to make for my blog and how will I stick to it? Luckily, the lean and green meal each day has kept me interested and given me a ton of new ideas for recipes- and this Paleo Thai Mint Stir Fry with chicken is one of my favorite new paleo and whole 30 compliant recipes to make!
This dish is full of protein, low carb, and low calorie- but you’d never know because it is bursting with flavor. We’re quick stir frying this dish together- cooking the chicken and veggies on high heat so they brown and help to flavor each other without adding extra calories. We’re also using spaghetti squash “noodles” for a delicious and comforting meal that will help you curb cravings for takeout!
If you are on the Take Shape for Life diet, it is essential to measure out your food carefully. Be sure to weigh chicken and measure veggies. If you are on a paleo or whole 30 diet, toss in the stuff and go! Additionally, if you’re on whole 30 or paleo, you’ll want to use coconut aminos (which you can find in the asian food aisle of most health food stores- it tastes a lot like soy sauce) and you can top it off with some fresh lime juice.
I also like to sprinkle the top of this with a little celtic sea salt. It’s low sodium but has a delicious flavor- and it is full of natural minerals- plus it tastes great! Just a sprinkle will do. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
- 2 6 oz chicken breasts, fat trimmed off and diced into 1" cubes (12 oz chicken total)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 spaghetti squash, about 2 cups, pre-cooked
- 1 tbsp diced garlic
- 1 tsp about one fresh stem of mint
- 2 tsp coconut aminos, or low fat newmans own asian dressing if on TSFL
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Heat pan on high until hot.
- Add 1 drop olive oil and swirl around pan. This is just to add a tiny amount of oil, without adding calories.
- Add chicken, toss frequently to prevent sticking and let it brown evenly- about 6 minutes.
- When chicken has browned on all sides, add peppers and brown- about 5 minutes.
- Add spaghetti squash, seasonings, coconut aminos or dressing and mint.
- Cook for 3 minutes, until food has a chance to absorb all spices and get a little more brown.
- Plate and enjoy! 1/2 recipe is one serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 472Saturated Fat 1gCholesterol 145mgSodium 610mgCarbohydrates 46gFiber 10gSugar 18gProtein 53g