Paper Bag Adobo Chicken Fajitas are a delicious, easy dinner the whole family loves! Full of flavor on just one baking sheet!
Quick, easy dinners are basically all my family ever gets to eat. I love to cook, and often go all out on weekends - but during the week, after a long day of work and shuttling kids around, I am lucky to get anything hot on the dinner table at all.
One of my favorite ways to infuse tons of flavor without using up a ton of time is through really delicious herbs and spices.
Adobo is one of my favorite seasoning mixes to get delicious flavor - fast - due to it's slightly spicy, earthy, and rich flavors from onion, garlic, cayenne, paprika, and cumin. It pairs perfectly with chicken, and makes fajitas pop!
This Paper Bag Adobo Chicken Fajitas couldn't be any easier - plus it is a crazy easy recipe to clean up! Just rinse off your baking sheet, and chuck the used parchment bag, and you're done! Wondering what kind of paper bags will do?
I buy Parchment Paper bags in my local grocery store, or from Amazon - a regular old paper bag will not stand up to the oil and juices from the chicken, unless you put it on a rack (so if the paper does break down, your food is unspoilt by soggy paper).
The paper bag seems a little gimmicky - but it is the perfect way to lock in perfect, juicy, super-tender chicken with zero effort.
You'll love how break-apart tender these fajitas are, and how simple this recipe is to master!
Paper Bag Adobo Chicken Fajitas
- 1.5 lbs chicken, 3 breasts, you can slice them before cooking if you'd like
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 pepper, green or red, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp adobo seasonings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix chicken, peppers, onion and oil with seasonings, toss to coat.
- Add ingredients to a parchment paper cooking bag, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes until 165 degrees internally (15-20 if you slice chicken, if chicken breasts are whole it will be slightly longer to get to 165 degrees internally.)
- Remove from oven, open bag, and serve immediately!
Amount Per Serving Calories 292Saturated Fat 5gCholesterol 85mgSodium 80mgCarbohydrates 1gProtein 21g