Rosemary Watermelon Lemonade Vodka Cocktail and Mocktail Recipe
Light and refreshing Rosemary Watermelon Lemonade Vodka Cocktail and Mocktail Recipe is an amazingly delicious and fresh drink that is perfect in a big batch for a bridal shower, summer BBQ, or outdoor dinner party! Non alcoholic version too.
If you love cocktails with a delicious twist of citrus, hints of herbs, and fresh fruit – this Rosemary Watermelon Lemonade Vodka Cocktail and Mocktail Recipe is for you!
This easy cocktail is full of delicious, juicy watermelon flavor and notes of rosemary and lemon – it’s a delicious twist on a summery lemonade with a bit of vodka to get the party started.
This delicious drink is perfect for summer entertaining – and even more delicious when made in big batches – so its the perfect cocktail and mocktail for a bridal shower, a backyard bbq, or outdoor party!
It’s also great mixed in a big batch where you can encourage guests to add their own vodka or tonic/mixer in for a fun cocktail bar everyone will love!
Non Alcoholic Light and refreshing Rosemary Watermelon Lemonade Mocktail Recipe
To make this bright and fun summer drink an alcohol free summer sipper, simply swap the vodka for one of the options below:
(If using tonic or one of the sodas, don’t add them to the shaker – you’ll end up with a huge mess! Simply pour them over the top of your drink over ice and give it a quick stir to prevent the carbonation from going insane.)
- Lavender Dry Soda
- Lavender Dry Soda is a crisp, herbal soda that has a delicious slightly mineral-y flavor similar to vodka – it pairs fabulously with fresh fruit, citrus, and isn’t too sweet.
- Juniper Dry Soda
- While I usually suggest Juniper Dry Soda for drinks that call for gin instead of vodka (the juniper soda is a perfect non alcoholic swap for gin in drinks), it is delicious in this Rosemary Watermelon Lemonade – the juniper’s herbal, pine-like flavor is a lovely balance to sweet summery watermelon.
- Fever-Tree Indian Tonic Water
- I love Fever-Tree’s tonics – and the Premium Indian Tonic water is a bright, mineral-y substitute that has a similar flavor to artisanal vodkas. Swapping tonic for vodka is always one of my favorite picks since the flavor is incredibly similar!
- 1 oz lime juice + 1 oz apple cider
- While not an exact swap for vodka, lime juice + apple cider can be a delicious, fresh, crisp, and slightly sweet substitution for vodka in mocktails!
How To Make a Watermelon Lemonade Cocktail Mixing Bar
This delicious drink is perfect for parties – because it can be made in a big batch, and only tastes better as the ingredients sit a little bit and really come together.
I’m listing some of my favorite ways to make this drink fun and festive for a party to get your guests involved and in on the fun!
- Serve it in a Watermelon
- Cut a hole in the watermelon (if you’re brave, use a hand mixer attatchment inside a power drill to lightly mash and blend the watermelon – pour the liquid out and strain out any seeds and extra strings, then pour back into the watermelon to serve – use this watermelon tap for a fabulously fun display!)
- Serve it in Pitchers and Encourage Guests to Mix in their Own Fruit and Liqueurs
- This watermelon lemonade is perfectly pretty served in tall pitchers with fresh fruit and flavor mix-ins displayed for guests to add to their own drinks. I love this adorable pitcher and cup set from Sugar and Cloth – it is disposable, but adorable – plastic and less fragile, so it is perfect for parties!
Fresh Fruit Ideas for a Perfect Vodka Lemonade Cocktail Recipe
Not everyone loves watermelon – and watermelon isn’t always perfectly sweet and in season! These swaps for other fresh fruits will bring a delicious, sweet, and fresh flavor to your vodka lemonade:
- Berry Vodka Lemonade
- Swap 1/4 cup mashed watermelon for 1/4 cup mashed berries – strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries are delicious in this cocktail and mocktail recipe!
- Pineapple Vodka Lemonade
- Swap 1/4 cup blended or mashed pineapple for a tropical twist to this delicious drink!
- Peach Vodka Lemonade
- Try 1/4 cup mashed sweet ripe peaches for a delicious twist that cuts the acidity in lemonade!
- Cherry Vodka Lemonade
- Use 1/4 cup pureed fresh cherries for a tart and sweet kick in place of watermelon!
Vodka Lemonade Cocktail Liqueur Mix In Ideas
This vodka lemonade pairs perfectly with fresh watermelon and is super simple – no fancy liqueurs to purchase – but I am adding in a couple of my favorite additional liqueurs or mix-ins that make this drink even more delicious (and add more booze to the equation!)
- Saint Germain (or non-alcoholic elderflower syrup)
- Add up to 1 oz Saint Germain (or up to 1 tsp elderflower syrup) for a sweet elderflower addition to vodka lemonade that everyone loves!
- Ginger Liqueur
- A dash of ginger liqueur brings a spicy kick to this drink that is perfect in summer!
- Aperol’s bitter and citrusy flavor is a lovely addition to balance out some of the sweet from the lemonade and watermelon if you love a bit of an herbal kick to your cocktails. Add up to 1 oz Aperol for a bitter, herbal flavor.
- Champagne, Prosecco, or dry Sparkling Wine
- Sparkling wine is a perfect festive and fun addition to provide some bubbles to this drink! If serving in bulk, let guests add champagne or sparkling wine as they mix their cocktail to prevent losing all your carbonation.
- Ginger Beer (Non-Alcoholic addition)
- Ginger beer is a spicy, bubbly treat that pairs perfectly with sweet watermelon and lemonade. If serving in bulk, pour ginger beer as you drink so you don’t lose the carbonation. Add up to 2 oz of ginger beer for a deliciously different kick!
Where to Buy Perfect Party Goods for Cocktails and Mocktails
If you love the styling from this post, everything I used is available on Amazon!
I actually styled this lemonade cocktail with items from my sweet friend Ashley from Sugar and Cloth’s new party goods line from Amazon Home – I LOVE the bright, fun colors of everything in their new line, and I love how affordable they are! They designed everything to look impeccable and high end – even though most of their offerings are plastic or disposable so it is perfect for a party!
The bright colored round napkins (SUCH a fun shape), and gold striped coupe glasses shown here are two of my favorite items from the line!
Purchasing through the affiliate link above gives me a small commission at entirely no extra cost to you – which helps me offset the large costs of running Sweet C’s, where I can bring you free recipes and ideas every day!
Rosemary Watermelon Lemonade Vodka Cocktail and Mocktail Recipe
If you love this Rosemary Watermelon Lemonade Vodka Cocktail and Mocktail Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
- 1/4 cup fresh watermelon, crushed, with liquid
- 2 oz vodka, virgin - use 2 oz lavender soda
- 2 oz lemonade
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, lightly muddled
- 4-6 cubes ice
- 1 slice watermelon, to garnish
- 2 slices lemon
- Lightly muddle rosemary in a cocktail shaker, or press against it with the back of a spoon. Don't crush rosemary, just release oil from herb a bit.
- Add ice, blended watermelon, vodka, lemonade and shake vigorously.
- Pour into old fashioned glass, coupe, pint glass, or other wide, short glass.
- Garnish with a slice of watermelon and another sprig of rosemary if desired.