Sheet Pan Curry Shrimp Meal Prep Bowls are delicious, low carb, and perfect for a healthy or paleo/whole 30 diet. Under 20 minutes for a filling, exotic, and delicious lunch bowl!
Lent is such a weird thing to me every year. I grew up Catholic, where we were encouraged to give up something for Lent (I invariably gave up chocolate, doughnuts, candy – which I promptly broke about a week in) – but now as an adult in a Greek Orthodox Church, Lent involves a little more sacrifice.
Every year, we give up animal products for Lent – and basically eat a vegan diet (though we can eat shellfish anytime, and can eat fish on certain feast days) for the 40 days before Pascha.
One of the hardest parts of going mostly vegan for me is planning meals. Sure – it is easy to plan salads or prep quick meals on a whim when you don’t have to cook any meat – but planning out healthy meals that aren’t just full of carbs and processed stuff is a bit harder for me when you take dairy and meat out of the equation.
Since I tend to overly rely on bread, rice, beans, and grains during Lent, I try to find fresh, low-carb alternatives that work well for any meal – which is not really a small order for me.
This dish is so quick and delicious though – spicy curry, tons of shrimp, and lots of vegetables – all alongside a dish of cauliflower rice.
It’s a healthy comfort food option for planning out meals when you’re looking for something that is low calorie, low carb, and still completely crave-able!
It’s also a dish that is great cold or hot – which is perfect for busy weekdays.
I also love to pour this whole dish over a big bowl of lettuce for a filling and exotic salad that is guaranteed to bring more flavor to your lunchtime routine!
I’ve found that the key – at least for me – is keeping meals super-duper simple, and easy to clean.
This sheet pan shrimp is certainly both – just mix, cook on a sheet, and you’re done. It doesn’t get any easier to stick to a healthy, low carb or paleo diet during Lent that that!
What is your favorite meal prep dish? Do you give anything up for Lent that you have to meal plan around? I want to hear what you do!
Sheet Pan Curry Shrimp Meal Prep Bowls
- 1 lb shrimp, shell-off shrimp (tails on or off, according to your preference)
- 1 bell pepper, diced into 1" bits
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp red curry powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp oil
- For the bowls:
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup marsala simmer sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix shrimp, onion, oil, peppers and spices.
- Spread out onto a baking sheet and bake until pink and opaque.
- When shrimp and vegetables are done, remove from pan and serve with cauliflower rice.
- In a small bowl, mix marsala simmer sauce and coconut cream.
- Serve shrimp and vegetables over cauliflower rice and drizzle sauce on top.
- For meal prep:
- Add 1 cup shrimp and vegetables, with 1 cup cauliflower rice, and 4 ounces of sauce to meal prep containers.
- Reheat shrimp and rice in microwave for 45 seconds to one minute, until hot.
- Drizzle sauce on top, enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265 Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 285mg Sodium: 933mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 5g Protein: 27g