These SLOW COOKER BEEF SHORT RIB TACOS are delicious, indulgent, and deceptively easy! Always a huge hit with our family.
It’s my own little personal holiday each week – TACO TUESDAY!
I love tacos. Like, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE tacos.
I’ve always wanted to do a city-wide taco tour through Denver (really, wouldn’t that be so fun?? Maybe sometime I should make a big taco lover meetup in Colorado), and make them at home at least 2-3 times a week.
There is something perfect about tacos – they are easy to make, delicious, packed with flavor, and totally customizable.
Plus they are often SO easy! And far and above, no tacos are as easy as short rib slow cooker tacos.
There is something about letting ribs cook all day with fresh veggies and lots of spices and beer that make them incredibly crave worthy- and this recipe is one of my all-time favorites!
While you could just throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker, set it, and forget it – I strongly suggest browning your meat and vegetables first. This produces a rich, meaty flavor that you won’t fully get if you just add the meat to the slow cooker. Browning before cooking also helps seal the moisture in the meat, so it doesn’t dry out (which isn’t much of a problem with short ribs, as they can be a bit fatty- but trust me, it helps!)
I hope you love this simple short rib taco as much as I do- and have a blast making your own!
Slow Cooker Beef Short Rib Tacos
Delicious, slightly spicy, and deceptively simple - these slow cooker beef short rib tacos are always a huge hit!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lb beef short ribs
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 8 oz beef stock, or beer, lager
- In a large, heavy pan, heat oil until shimmery.
- Add short ribs, and brown on each side.
- When ribs have been browned on each side, remove and add to slow cooker.
- Without draining oil from ribs, add onion and pepper to pan, brown.
- Stir pepper and onion occasionally to prevent burning - about 10 minutes or until soft and slightly caramelized.
- Add onion and pepper to slow cooker.
- Add spices and beer to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours, until tender and fall apart soft.
- Remove bones and any silver skin (the really tough tendons that can be on short ribs) from pan.
- Shred with forks, and add to tortillas with any fixings you love!
Amount Per ServingCalories 202 Saturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 48mg Sodium 130mg Carbohydrates 5g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Protein 17g