Is there a better smell in the cooler months than mulled cider cooking away? Not in my world! I love to cook cider all fall and winter long. The smell of apples, mulling spices, cinnamon… I’m an addict! But cider gets a little boring time after time, so I came up with a nice take on crockpot wassail – Spiced Cider Punch. It’s sweet, spicy, and a huge crowd pleaser!
This spiced cider punch only gets better the longer you cook it… and the smell warms your house with an intoxicating fall scent that you will want around all the time!
One note- because we’re using pineapple juice, it is really important to get sugar free mulling spices. Regular mulling spices would make this far too sweet- cloyingly so. The punch will just get sweeter the more you cook it, so if it becomes a tad too sweet you can add a little more apple cider or some water.
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 8 oz blood orange juice
- 1 cup cranberry juice, just cranberry
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 orange, washed and sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 2 tbsp sugar free aspen mulling spices
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- Optional: 1 bottle pinot grigio, prosecco, white table wine
- Add ingredients to crockpot.
- Set to high and let cook until hot, about 45 minutes.
- Add additional water if cider cooks down too much if keeping hot during a long party.