Strawberry pansy peach sparkling punch – perfect for parties, bridal showers, weddings – anytime you want a delicious and show stopping beautiful drink with edible flowers!
Summer is the best time for parties.
The air is warm and daylight stretches long into the evening- it is perfect for sipping drinks with friends and being festive!
My favorite part of summer parties is always the delicious drinks- and this strawberry pansy peach sparkling punch is quite a mouthful- and incredibly delicious!
This drink is soooo pretty- a light peachy-pink color, with a gorgeous edible pansy floated atop.
Pansies are great for drinks, because they have a light wintergreen flavor that compliments strawberry flavors nicely.
When picking out flowers to add to this drink, be sure to make sure you’ve picked an edible variety- I picked pansies because they are safe to eat- and you need to also be sure you’ve picked a flower from a plant that was not sprayed with pesticides (because who wants to eat that??).
You can also buy edible flowers at Whole Foods and other specialty markets- and of course, growing your own is always a great idea so you can be sure you know what conditions it grows in.
This recipe has two versions- an alcoholic version with rum and prosecco, and a non alcoholic version. Both are incredibly delicious and perfect for partying!
And don’t forget to serve them up in style- here’s my favorite cocktail party must-haves! The anthropologie towel is one of my FAVORITE buys ever, along with the tasting spoons and these pretty pink goblets!
I mean, how perfect are these for parties?? (These are affiliate links, when you purchase through my links it helps to offset the price for this blog and allows me to bring you more FREE recipes!!!)[show_shopthepost_widget id=”1692728″]
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled
- 2 peaches, pits removed
- 3/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 6 oz light rum, optional
- 4 cups lemon sparkling water , OR prosecco
- 4 pansies, rinsed (be sure to use food-grade flowers)
- For the simple syrup, combine sugar and 1/2 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Be sure to stir so sugar doesn't burn- about 5 minutes.
- Add peaches and strawberries to the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- Strain strawberries through a cloth or a very fine sieve to remove any large bits.
- In a pitcher, combine filtered strawberry puree, lemon juice and simple syrup.
- If adding rum, do so now.
- Place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Serve over ice and sparkling water/champagne.
- Add a peony to the top, drink immediately!
Amount Per ServingCalories 270 Sodium 2mg Carbohydrates 44g Fiber 3g Sugar 37g Protein 1g