We recently had a big day at my inlaws farm to gather and press a ton of apples (over 300 pounds!) into delicious fresh cider. It was a very fun, very busy day- and I wanted to make a delicious treat for our apple pickers to keep them going. These Twix and Pretzel Loaded Brownies are one of the tastiest treats ever! They were quickly gobbled up and a huge hit- and they helped to use up some Twix bars I had for another recipe.
This recipe is a great way to use up leftover candy- and would be perfect after halloween! If, you know, you can wait that long to make them!
These brownies are ooey, gooey, full of fudgey flavor, and delicious chocolatey crunch from the Twix bars. The salty bites of pretzels are perfectly delicious- these are brownies you are going to have a very hard time sharing!
While you could use a boxed brownie mix, this mix from scratch is delicious and incredibly easy to make. I hope you love them as much as we do!
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 stick melted butter, ½ cup
- 1 cup cocoa, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup twix candy bars, chopped
- ½ cup pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease silicone muffin pan with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and butter and mix until soft.
- Add vanilla and eggs, and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in flour and cocoa, mix well but do not overmix.
- Pour in ½ crushed twix and pretzels.
- Mix well.
- Pour into muffin pan, about ¾ full.
- Bake until toothpick comes out completely clean, about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with other half crushed twix