Did you know that making chocolate truffles at home is easy as can be? Because it only takes three ingredients to make these decadent gluten-free and vegan earl grey chocolate truffles. THREE! (Okay, you got me. Maybe 4 or 5 if you like a few optional ingredients.)
The key here in this recipe is all in the chocolate. Buy a chocolate that you like to eat all by itself. I'm not saying you need to buy chocolate that is $20/lb or anything. But, the chocolate is the star in this recipe, so definitely go for a high quality dark chocolate! You won't regret it.
- 12 oz full-fat coconut milk
- 12 oz dark chocolate, about 2 cups high quality, chopped (I used a gluten-free and vegan variety)
- 6 teabags earl grey tea
- 4 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- pinch of sea salt, optional
- In a small saucepan, heat coconut milk just until it's about to boil.
- Remove from heat, add teabags to the coconut milk and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Squeeze tea bags to get any excess tea out of the bag and remove bags from the pot.
- Pour coconut milk over the chocolate in a medium bowl.
- Let sit for 20-30 seconds.
- Using a whisk, whisk from the center to the outside (this helps to not splash the milk everywhere), until the mixture becomes a creamy chocolate.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Take a tablespoon, melon baller, or cookie scoop and scoop out some of the hardened ganache.
- Quickly roll the chocolate into a ball (the heat from your hands will start to melt the chocolate so move fast.
- Set on parchment paper.
- Roll in the cocoa powder and sprinkle with loose earl grey tea if desired.Chill until firm. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Amount Per Serving Calories 150Saturated Fat 8gSodium 6mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 1g