There are so many delicious holiday treats on my "must make" list- but it's hard to keep up this time of year! So I made this super quick, easy and delicious for white chocolate peppermint popcorn that will have your guests impressed- and you can let them think it took forever!
This is the perfect gift to give to neighbors, teachers, or coworkers- it is inexpensive and easy to dress up in pretty packaging!
There is something about the combination of salty and sweet that works so well with peppermint in this recipe- and the white chocolate isn't overpowering so you can still get a popcorn flavor. The peppermint is best with slightly larger chunks to add a bit more bite- I just crush them in a plastic bag with a rolling pin. If you did it in a blender, I'd have a light touch so it doesn't become a fine powder.
One note: you can use a bag of pre-popped kettle corn or microwaveable kettle corn- but I LOVE using the Perfect Kettle Corn recipe from Something Swanky. It is delicious, and so easy to make. SO worth the extra effort- and really- it is SO easy!
- Classic Kettle Corn, I use a recipe from Something Swanky- it works perfectly every time! or you can use a bag of kettle corn, or plain popped kettle popcorn (but really, the homemade stuff tastes best!!)
- 20 White Chocolate Peppermint Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
- 1 tsp vegetable/canola/coconut oil
- 6-10 mini candy canes, crushed OR 4-6 large candy canes crushed (depending on if you want more or less in the mix)
- Dump kettle corn into very large bowl.
- In a microwave safe dish, add white chocolate hershey kisses and oil.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Give kisses a quick stir and microwave again for another 30 seconds.
- Repeat until kisses are melted and thin enough to drizzle (they will have small red bits that look like sprinkles- this is why using peppermint hershey kisses is essential because they naturally melt this way).
- Drizzle some of the chocolate over popcorn and sprinkle some crushed candy canes.
- Toss popcorn, adding more chocolate and candy canes as you toss until it is evenly coated.
- Let set for 10 minutes.