One of our favorite things to do on hectic nights is order out for Chinese or Thai food. There is nothing more comforting on a hectic day than a big plate of noodles with delicious veggies when you don’t feel like cooking! But this recipe for One Pan Garlic Chili Pan Fried Noodles is so easy and quick- it is a great one-pan meal– you’ll start whipping this up on nights you normally reach for the takeout menus!
One of the best parts of thai noodles is that they have so many gluten free options. I am using the Thai Kitchen wide stir fry noodles that are regularly available in your grocer’s asian foods selection. They are incredibly versatile- but you do need to pre-soak them before using or they will be incredibly crunchy. If you don’t want the hassle, you can use your other favorite noodles (gluten free or regular spaghetti noodles will work, but you’ll need to pre-boil them for this recipe).
One of the greatest things about this recipe is it is incredibly adaptable. You can add fish sauce for a little more flavor, add bok choy, shrimp, beef, tofu, scrambled eggs (like pad thai), pad thai sauce…. the list is endless!
If you are gluten intolerant, check to be sure you are buying gluten free soy sauce (tamari), or use coconut aminos, like I use. Coconut aminos look and taste like soy sauce but with a mellower, less salty flavor. It is delicious in any dish you’d normally use soy sauce in!
One last note- you’ll want to taste the sauce as you go. If you like stir fry less spicy, halve the garlic chili sauce, and taste it to see if you’re good. You can always add more heat to the dish- but you cant take it away!
I hope you love these as much as I do! This recipe makes enough for a few dinners for my husband and I- or serves a dinner party of 6 nicely.
- 1 package thai rice noodles
- 2 tbsp olive or other cooking oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cubed; tofu or beef strips
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4-6 sweet peppers, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 4 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tsp mongolian fire oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, soak noodles in hot water 20 minutes before beginning recipe.
- Turn large pan or wok on medium high heat, add 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Add diced chicken breasts, brown- about 5 minutes.
- Add onion peppers and garlic, as well as sesame oil.
- Brown veggies and cook chicken thoroughly- about 10 minutes.
- Add chili garlic sauce, stir well.
- Remove noodles from bowl (dont worry about a little extra water they might hold) and add to pan.
- Add soy sauce, lime juice and mongolian fire oil, stir.
- Cook until noodles are well coated with sauce.
- Remove from heat and plate immediately.