Delicious, easy fried garlic cheese bombs are perfect appetizers for parties, game day gatherings, and use simple ingredients!
There is a restaurant in Denver’s south suburbs that has my all-time favorite food – rich, doughy, buttery garlic knots.
They are so delicious, fluffy, and light – but they are also super, super far from my house.
Being unable to find a perfect replication of their infamous knots, I wanted to put my own spin on the doughy treats – and fill them full of cheese and fry them to puffy, golden, deliciousness.
The results? I’m afraid to say they are wonderful, tempting, and so easy once you make them you will dream about when to make the next batch!
I thought a fresh garlic and cilantro topping, swimming in a buttery sauce, would be a perfect way to load these easy fried garlic cheese bombs up with delicious garlic flavor.
These garlic bombs are so cheesy and delicious- they are super addictive.
The fresh garlic and butter sauce with a hint of cilantro gives a really sultry, salty kick that you won’t be able to stop eating!
I should know.
I ate this whole platter.
I wish I was kidding…. but they were totally worth it.
Check out just how easy they are to make in this video – and while you’re at it, be sure to give it a thumbs up if you like it and subscribe to my You Tube Channel for more!
Easy Fried Garlic Cheese Bombs
- For the cheese bombs:
- 1 can kraft french bread
- Mozzarella, oaxca, or other part skim melting Cheese
- 4 cups corn oil
- For the sauce:
- 2 tsp cilantro paste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat corn oil in a large pan until it is 365 degrees.
- While oil is heating, prepare garlic butter sauce by adding ingredients in a small pot and melt butter, stirring well until it is melted and thoroughly mixed.
- Unroll french bread roll, and tear off about 5 g cheese and 15g bread dough per cheese bomb.
- Press 15g raw bread dough into a thin circle, tucking cheese inside.
- Roll ball together, pinching dough to seal as you go.
- Add cheese bombs into oil, stir gently to make sure they cook evenly on all sides.
- When cheese bombs are puffy and golden brown, remove with a skimmer and place on a plate with paper towels to soak up extra oil.
- Move cheese bombs to plate, and drizzle garlic butter sauce over top.
- Serve and eat immediately.
Be sure to follow my Appetizers board on Pinterest to see other delicious pre-meal treats!