10 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup in an Instant Pot, Crock Pot, or on the Stovetop – this is so delicious, simple, and crazy easy!
We’ve had a brutal round of the flu this year – I don’t know what it is, but it has been absolutely brutal lately!
Anytime I am sick, there is one thing I crave more than others – anything spicy, hot, and full of flavor that will clear out my sinuses.
After having a craving recently – but not wanting to go through all of the process for other spicy soups, it hit me – I could make this insanely delicious and easy soup in just 10 minutes with almost no effort!
To Make This Chicken Tortilla Soup, You’ll Need:
If you haven’t tried an instant pot yet, what are you waiting for?
It is amazing to prep meals in, since it is a cross between a pressure cooker, a slow cooker, and a stovetop – you can sautee in it, use it for a slow cooker, or use it to make traditional slow-cooked meals in no time with the pressure cooker settings!
And the best part of this recipe – you can make it really easily in an Instant Pot, on the stovetop, or in a slow cooker!
The stovetop and Instant Pot Methods take just ten minutes – the slow cooker one obviously takes a bit longer to cook, but it’s almost no prep!
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
To make this soup in the slow cooker, brown your chicken and vegetables first – and then add the rest of the ingredients to a slow cooker and heat on low for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
Stovetop Chicken Tortilla Soup
If you want to get a quick head start to this soup, you can use pre-baked or grilled chicken, diced into cubes for a super quick and simple dinner!
Is there anything more comforting than tortilla soup? I certainly don’t think so!!
10 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup – Instant Pot, Stovetop, or Slow Cooker
If you like this deliciously easy 10 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe as much as I do, please give it a five star review and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
10 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup in an Instant Pot, Crock Pot, or on the Stovetop - this is so delicious, simple, and crazy easy!
- 1 lbs chicken, diced into 1" bits
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can ranch beans with jalapenos
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 corn tortillas, baked to crunchy then cut into strips
- cheese, garnish
- cilantro, garnish
- Add oil and sautee chicken (or use pre-baked or pan grilled chicken).
- Add onion, beans, diced tomatoes, bell pepper, and beef stock.
- In an Instant Pot: Cook 5 minutes in an instant pot on soup setting/medium pressure with a forced release
- On the Stovetop: bring to a boil in a large pan on the stovetop and reduce heat to a soft rolling roil for 5 minutes
- In a slow cooker: cook on high for 1 hour, cook on medium for 2 hours, then keep warm.
- Plate immediately and top with tortilla strips, as well as optional cheese and cilantro garnish (a little avocado or sour cream also is quite nice on top.)
Amount Per Serving Calories 401 Total Fat 18g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 11g Cholesterol 114mg Sodium 1250mg Carbohydrates 22g Fiber 3g Sugar 5g Protein 37g