Green Chile Guacamole
May 12, 2020, Updated Jun 23, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy and delicious green chile guacamole recipe bursting with fresh garlic, avocado, tomato, and green chile flavor!
Looking for some delicious, easy to make and healthy side dishes?
This Green Chili Guacamole is a great option and is so easy to make! You’ll get in a bunch of healthy veggies with a ton of flavor.
And really- this couldn’t be any easier!
This guacamole is great as a healthier alternative to fat-loaded dips, as a creamy salad dressing, or in tacos and burritos.
Tips to Perfect Green Chile Guacamole
This green chile guacamole is so creamy, rich, and delicious – but there are some simple steps to take to make sure it is perfect, every time!
Add Lemon or Lime
Don’t skimp on the lemon or lime juice.
The acid helps to cut the onion flavor, but it also help to keep the avocados from turning super brown as it oxidizes, much like it helps with keeping apples from looking gross and brown as they sit out.
If you are making this ahead of a party, you could assemble it without the avocados and just add them right before serving, or be sure to add lemon or lime juice and covering in a small, airtight container.
How to Reduce Onion Flavor
One note- the onion can be STRONG in chili since it isn’t cooked.
If you prefer red onions go for it!
If want a less-onioney flavor, you could use less (1/4 an onion would be good), or sub out fresh onion for a tablespoon onion powder.
You can also add some fresh garlic or garlic powder for an extra kick- and lime juice is another great variation!
How to Store Guacamole
The best way to store guacamole is to give it aa bath!
I know it sounds silly, but pressing air out of a plastic bag and then “sealing” it from taking on more oxygen is a super easy way to keep guacamole fresh and green in the refrigerator for leftovers.
You can use powder to keep avocados from turning brown that help stop the oxidation process, but the method below works like a charm, too!
- Put the guacamole into a container with a tight fitting lid, or a plastic bag.
- Get rid of any air pockets in the plastic bag – or cover top of container (under lid) with plastic wrap.
- Carefully pour about a half inch of water over the top of the guacamole to prevent additional air from coming into contact with the avocado.
- Refrigerate, covered tightly, for up to two days maximum.
Other Easy Appetizers You’ll Love
If you love this creamy, rich, and delicious low carb green chile guacamole, check out some of my other favorite dips and appetizers!
Green Chile Guacamole Recipe
If you love this simple and delicious green chile guacamole recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 3 avocados
- 1/2 a large white onion, diced very small
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis, I get the mild, but it's also good with hot if you like it extra spicy!
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, add tomatoes and can of diced tomatoes with green chills and mix.
- Cut avocados in half and remove pit.
- Spoon out avocado, and add it to bowl.
- Mash with a potato masher until very soft and creamy, mixing as you go.
- Serve with chips, on salads, in burritos, or in tacos, and enjoy!
- (tip: the lemon juice helps keep avocados from turning too brown if you plan on making ahead of time- but it will brown the longer you keep it on hand, even though it still tastes fine.)
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 176Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 0mgSodium 305mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 7gSugar 1gProtein 3g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Sweet C’s Favorites
If you love this easy and delicious chile guacamole, please check out my other favorite recipes!
Many are low carb, all are easy, quick, and loaded with flavor!