Turn leftover pie into a delicious, addictive leftover pie parfaits the next morning! Crumbly topping and creamy yogurt make this a decadent use for leftovers!
Holidays are crazy.
You're running all over the place, making delicious food, and making great memories.
And if you're like me- you ALWAYS have way too much food on hand!
While one of our favorite holiday treats is delicious, buttery, decadent fruit pies- we almost always end up with lots of leftover pie.
While I'm known to dive face-first in a pie morning, noon, and night-- sometimes we look for a fun way to repurpose our leftovers, and this leftover pie parfait that my mom came up with is a huge hit!
We grew up eating a lot of fruit, granola, and yogurt parfaits as kids- and my mom loved making them. They are so delicious and fun when served in wine glasses- so she figured swapping some leftover apple pie for granola would be delicious- and man, was she right!
To make this recipe extra delicious, she separated the filling from the crust from a slice of leftover pie. She added the filling to the bottom of the glass cold- and made a delicious buttery crumble for the top of the parfait out of the pie crust.
This is a quick and easy recipe- you could also swap the yogurt out for whipped cream or ice cream for a more indulgent dessert!
Pie Parfait - serves 1
Turn leftover pie into a delicious, addictive pie parfait the next morning! Crumbly topping and creamy yogurt make this a decadent use for leftovers!
- 1 slice of leftover apple or berry pie, or any pie with a crumble or pastry topping- separate filling from crust
- ¼ cup fresh berries
- ¼ cup berry yogurt, or whipped cream, ice cream if a dessert
- 2 tbsp butter
- In a wine glass, add filling of pie to the bottom.
- Layer fresh berries over the pie filling, and then ladle berry yogurt on top.
- Set aside.
- In a nonstick pan, melt 2 tbsp butter.
- Add pie crust to pan, crumbling it with the back of a fork or a spatula.
- Heat until lightly browned - small clumps will form.
- Add to the top of parfait, eat immediately!
Amount Per Serving Calories 1690Total Fat 85gSaturated Fat 45gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 34gCholesterol 180mgSodium 1155mgCarbohydrates 212gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 18gSugar 127gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 27g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.