Pink Gimlet Cocktail and Mocktail
Mar 17, 2015, Updated Nov 19, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This light refreshing grapefruit pink gimlet cocktail and mocktail is your new summertime favorite cocktail!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Delicious Summer Cocktail
With spring right around the corner (here in Colorado we’ve yet to see flowers, but seeing friends post photos of cherry blossoms in full bloom makes me yearn for spring), I’ve been coming up with fun new drinks to sip on warm nights. I recently tweaked an old classic- the Gimlet- and put my own fun new twist on it to make this delicious, addictive recipe for the Pink Gimlet Cocktail and Mocktail – and I’ve been sipping them ever since.
This is an updated, fun, and pink twist on the classic gimlet. We’re using sparkling limeade instead of lime juice, and omitting the simple syrup since limeade has plenty of sugar. This makes the drink a little fizzy, a little tart- and perfectly sippable! The virgin version is just every drop as delicious, and perfect for parties!
I’ve become incredibly addicted to the non alcoholic mocktail version- I’ve been having some weird tummy troubles due to some medicine adjustments- and it soothes an upset stomach in minutes. I didn’t make this drink with the intention of finding a stomach soother, but it really works well! This would make for a perfect baby shower mocktail- just sub the gin with Dry Soda’s juniper soda.
What to Enjoy with Gimlet Cocktail
Enjoying a pink gimlet cocktail can be a delightful experience, especially when paired with the right accompaniments. Here’s a list of things you might consider to enhance your pink gimlet experience:
- Cheese Platter: A selection of cheeses, like Brie, Gouda, and aged Cheddar, can complement the cocktail’s flavors.
- Smoked Salmon Canapés: The rich, smoky flavor pairs well with the refreshing qualities of the cocktail.
- Bruschetta: Fresh tomato and basil atop crispy bread offer a light, flavorful start.
- Mixed Nuts: A classic choice, offering a salty counterpoint to the drink’s sweetness.
- Fresh Fruit: Slices of apple, pear, or tropical fruits like pineapple can be refreshing.
- Olives: A bowl of mixed olives provides a savory contrast.
- Light Music: Background jazz or acoustic tunes can create a relaxing ambiance.
- Soft Lighting: Dim, warm lighting enhances the mood for a cozy evening.
- A Good Book or Conversation: Either can be a pleasant way to unwind.
- Settings and Decor:
- Outdoor Setting: If the weather is nice, enjoying your cocktail on a patio or garden can be delightful.
- Elegant Glassware: Using beautiful glasses can make the experience feel more special.
- Floral Centerpieces: Flowers like roses or peonies can add to the aesthetic.
- Chocolate Truffles: Their richness balances the cocktail’s crispness.
- Lemon Tart: A dessert with a citrusy zing can complement the drink.
- Berry Sorbet: A light, fruity dessert pairs nicely with the cocktail’s flavor profile.
Check out these other favorite drinks on Sweet C’s.
Pink Gimlet Cocktail and Mocktail Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media and get in on all the fun!
- 2 oz gin, mocktail- 2 oz DRY Soda's Juniper Soda
- 1 oz grapefruit juice
- 2 oz sparkling limeade
- Mint, to garnish
- Pour the first 3 ingredient into a glass over ice and stir, muddling mint as you stir.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
NORLAN Rauk Heavy Tumbler Clear / 250 ML
NATURELAND Stainless Steel Cocktail Muddler and Mixing Spoon Home Bar Tool Set - Create Delicious Mojitos and Other Fruit Based Drinks (8" Muddler)
OVOS Lemon Squeezer Stainless Steel 304 Citrus Squeezer with Solid Handle Heavy Duty Lime Juice for Juicing Oranges, Pomegranate, Lemons & Limes(Large)
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 362Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 16mgCarbohydrates 58gFiber 0gSugar 52gProtein 0g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.