Spicy grilled watermelon is a perfect treat for a summer party – sweet, spicy, a touch smoky – this grilled fruit is a unique and refreshing treat!
I love the combination of spicy and sweet in the summer.
There’s nothing better than delicious, crispy fresh watermelon- and pulling it on the grill just pulls out a rich, deeper sweetness- one that goes perfectly with a spicy, lime kick from fruit seasoning!
This is a perfect, easy, and quick side dish- and a great dessert- either on it’s own, or with a little creme fraiche drizzled on top. It’s always a huge crowd pleaser!
These are sure to be a delicious, addictive treat at your parties this summer!
Spicy Grilled Watermelon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- sea salt, to garnish
- 1 watermelon, sliced into triangles
- fruit seasoning, 1 bottle (though you will not use much, depending on your preference)
- Creme fraiche, optional
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill to medium high.
- Slice watermelon and sparingly sprinkle salt on top.
- Make sure grill grates are clean of any leftover food residue.
- Generously oil grill grates with coconut oil (i like to add some to a rag and rub over the grill with it, taking extreme care to not burn hands.)
- Add watermelon to grill and sprinkle fruit seasoning on top.
- After 5 minutes, flip to other side, and sprinkle more fruit seasoning.
- When watermelon has slight char marks and has turned a darker reddish pink, remove and serve immediately.