If you ask me, watermelon is just the epitome of summer. It makes the perfect snack on a warm summer day. It also rounds out a fruit salad beautifully.
But, watermelons are pretty huge right? I always find that I have leftovers no matter what I am using it for.
Well friends, I have the most delicious way to use up that leftover watermelon. Watermelon salsa!
I was inspired to make this salsa by leftover watermelon in my refrigerator and an abundance of jalapeño growing on my jalapeño plant in my garden. I love the little kick that the jalapeño gives the salsa.
However, if you’re not a spicy food lover (which normally I’m not either) feel free to leave the jalapeño out of the recipe. You’ll still have the most refreshing salsa ever.
This salsa tastes great with tortilla chips and served at an appetizer. It would also work beautifully over some burgers, tacos or fish.
The sky is the limit on this one! If you’re looking for a unique appetizer that will really wow the crowd, this watermelon salsa is it!
- 2 cups fresh watermelon, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- ½ red onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ jalapeno, small dice (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- pinch of salt
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients until combined. Taste and adjust lime juice or salt to your preferences.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
If you LOVE Meg’s recipes as much as I do (and all that gorgeous color in her photographs!!!), please be sure to follow her on social media!! You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!