Turn leftover pie into a delicious, addictive leftover pie parfaits the next morning! Crumbly topping and creamy yogurt make this a decadent use for leftovers!
Holidays are crazy.
You’re running all over the place, making delicious food, and making great memories.
And if you’re like me- you ALWAYS have way too much food on hand!
While one of our favorite holiday treats is delicious, buttery, decadent fruit pies- we almost always end up with lots of leftover pie.
While I’m known to dive face-first in a pie morning, noon, and night– sometimes we look for a fun way to repurpose our leftovers, and this leftover pie parfait that my mom came up with is a huge hit!
We grew up eating a lot of fruit, granola, and yogurt parfaits as kids- and my mom loved making them. They are so delicious and fun when served in wine glasses- so she figured swapping some leftover apple pie for granola would be delicious- and man, was she right!
To make this recipe extra delicious, she separated the filling from the crust from a slice of leftover pie. She added the filling to the bottom of the glass cold- and made a delicious buttery crumble for the top of the parfait out of the pie crust.
This is a quick and easy recipe- you could also swap the yogurt out for whipped cream or ice cream for a more indulgent dessert!
Pie Parfait – serves 1
- 1 slice of leftover apple or berry pie (or any pie with a crumble or pastry topping)- separate filling from crust
- ¼ cup fresh berries
- ¼ cup berry yogurt (or whipped cream, ice cream if a dessert)
- 2 tbsp butter
- In a wine glass, add filling of pie to the bottom.
- Layer fresh berries over the pie filling, and then ladle berry yogurt on top.
- Set aside.
- In a nonstick pan, melt 2 tbsp butter.
- Add pie crust to pan, crumbling it with the back of a fork or a spatula.
- Heat until lightly browned - small clumps will form.
- Add to the top of parfait, eat immediately!