Apple Arugula Almond Salad with Orange Dressing is a healthy, spunky fall salad that takes minutes to put together and tastes delicious!
Does everyone agree that it’s time for salad? After all that holiday binge eating that I’m sure we all did. I know I did. And I don’t regret it for a minute because that turkey, that potato salad and the most amazing green beans and bacon. I can do it all over again. I just need a little break thassall.
Don’t be judging me for all that eating because I think it’s awesome once in a while. But now it’s time to lighten the food down, get on the healthy eating bandwagon again till we can binge eating for Christmas. And I have the perfect accompaniment to this delicious salad – a Creamy Gluten Free Cauliflower Chowder that’s just perfect in this cold weather.
This arugula apple salad comes with some crunchy almonds, goat cheese and the most delicious orange dressing which is actually made with orange marmalade. Which works perfectly just in case you don’t have real oranges in your kitchen. Like me, who always manages to run out of them at super high speed. The dressing is just four ingredients which is absolutely perfect, and it’s really fast to make in your blender. I make this dressing all the time, and it also goes so well with a Greens, Persimmon and Ricotta Salad that’s another one of our favourites.
If you don’t have goats cheese by some chance, it’s fine. Just go with some feta, which is salty too and tastes just as amazing.
If you are looking for more healthy recipes, don’t forget to check this HEALTHY RECIPES collection. Bonus: some of them take less than 30 minutes to put together!
- 2 large Apples, diced
- 3 cups Arugula
- ½ cup chopped Almonds
- 1 large Carrot, julienned
- 1 large Onion, sliced
- ½ cup Goats Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Orange Marmalade
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Blend everything for the dressing in a blender till smooth and creamy.
- Put all the ingredients for the salad in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss well. Serve immediately.
- If serving the salad later, refrigerate the dressing and other ingredients separately. Add the dressing just before serving or the salad will get soggy.