Bacon Ranch Potato Salad Recipe – delicious potato salad loaded with sour cream, ranch dressing, cheese, bacon, and chives for the ultimate creamy side dish!
If you love ranch dressing, this potato salad is going to be your next favorite side dish.
This potato salad is creamy, cheesy, and loaded with flavor – thanks to a generous helping of ranch dressing, and tons of crunchy crumbled bacon!
Serve alongside our famous smoked ribs or grilled ribs, the best pork tenderloin ever, whole roasted chicken, pork chops, air fried steaks, and so much more – this is one of our favorite sides for meaty dishes and picnics!
To see the web story for this recipe, click here.
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
What Potatoes To Use For Potato Salad
Picking the right type of potato for your potato salad is important – you want your potato to hold it’s shape when boiled, and to keep a firmer texture when chopped up and tossed in oil.
We’re not making mashed potatoes – and still want some toothy bite to the potatoes.
We reccomend the following types of potatoes for potato salad:
- Yellow Finn
- Yukon Gold
- Red Potatoes
- Fingerling Potatoes
- Small Boiler Potatoes
The Best Bacon For Potato Salad
If you want the BEST bacon you can get for this recipe, be sure to follow our tips to bake bacon in the oven – it helps your bacon come out thick, crunchy, salty, and perfect for crumbling into potato salad.
When adding bacon into a creamy potato salad it is important to crisp it fully – so it doesn’t go limp and soggy with all the cream and cheese.
Follow our tips for the best bacon for potato salad by visiting our baked bacon post here.
What To Serve With Potato Salad
Other Easy Bacon Dishes You’ll Love
For more delicious bacon dishes, check out our newest here:
To see our complete bacon dish recipe archives, click here.
Bacon Ranch Potato Salad Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Bacon Ranch Potato Salad Recipe - delicious potato salad loaded with sour cream, ranch dressing, cheese, bacon, and chives for the ultimate creamy side dish!
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 3 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1 cup bacon, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Clean and cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces and add to a large pot and fill with water to about 1 inch over the top of the potatoes.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Drain and run cold water over the potatoes until cooled.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, greek yogurt, ranch seasoning, and chives until combined.
- Add the potatoes, bacon, and cheese to a large bowl and pour the dressing over the top then toss to combine. Chill for 2 hours for the best flavor.
- 2 lbs of red potatoes is about 7 large or 5 medium.
- For a stronger ranch flavor, the yogurt can be substituted for ranch dressing.
- If desired, additions like chopped red onion or hard-boiled eggs could be added to this recipe.
Amount Per Serving Calories 280Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 42mgSodium 567mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 12g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.